Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

I don't think it would be a disappointment as long as they add some rarities like OTGDY, To Tame a Land, Infinite Dreams or 22 Acacia Avenue.
Maybe but on the other hand - I dont know it that would be worth of ticket price. I get that Somewhere back in time would bring more money thanks to play hits crowd, but I would prefer something like From Fear to Eternity set.

Thinking back to the history tours, I wouldn’t mind seeing any of these again…
  • Moonchild
  • ATSS
  • Seventh Son
  • Powerslave
  • Rime
  • Drifter
  • POTO
  • Remember Tomorrow
Songs I think they should avoid due to age and Bruce’s voice.
  • HBTN
  • Aces High
  • Where Eagles Dare
  • MITRM

As long as they bring at least 3 deep cuts, I will be ok. And I think that will happen.

For example: I was never a biiiiiig fan of Flight of Icarus and For The Greater Good of God. However, due to their rarity, those two were the highlights for me in LOTB. At the point of their career, I will be happy with anything that's considered rare, even Weekend Warrior.

It could still be a career spenning setlist with extra focus on Powerslave/Live After Death.

Maybe 4-5 songs from 1990 onwards and the rest classics, just like LOTB.

Well, my (potential) disappointment stems from not looking forward to a Powerslave-heavy setlist. The title track is the only song I'd like to see revisited and even then, it's been played in at least one setlist per decade so far. PS/LAD are so overplayed, that a setlist that is inspired by them, even if only a little, would be kinda lame to me, considering what else we could get.

TBH, if they indeed bring out Rime again, that puts a lot on focus on Powerslave. That song is instantly the focal point of the set.

If I had my way even if it was mainly 80s stuff I would want at least one surpise from the 90s like bring your daughter.

I'd prefer a more career encompassing set though. Mainly 80s but a bit from their 90s and reunion stuff too

If you make Live After Death the focus of the tour, you're looking at probably the following songs as a framework:

Aces High
2 Minutes to Midnight
Trooper
Revelations
Rime
Powerslave
NOTB
Hallowed
Iron Maiden
Run to the Hills

And maybe two of the following:
Running Free
Icarus
Children of the Damned
Die With Your Boots On
Phantom
OR something from the reunion era

Add in two songs from SSOASS (title track + Evil most likely) and FOTD and that gets you to 15 songs. Maybe add in the possibility of a live debut for Sun and Steel or OTGDY to get to 16. It's not a terrible setlist and you get at least 5 or 6 songs that haven't been played in over a decade.

Maybe they also decide to open with Wicker Man or Moonchild instead of Aces High, which would be my preference and I hope they aren't resigned to putting Aces High into all of their nostalgia tours. I'm thinking a lot of people on here probably agree that it's time for that song to be retired.

I think we should think about what deep-cuts have a chance. Now, with Alex appearing, everything is possible. I'd say the possibilities are:

From Iron Maiden:
Remember Tomorrow

From Killers:
Prodigal Son (Bruce's favourite song from Paul-era)
*Would have put the title track here, if Nicko was 100%*

From The Number Of The Beast:
Total Eclipse

From Piece Of Mind:
Still Life
Sun And Steel

From Powerslave:
Back In The Village (strangely, if they indeed focus the tour on Powerslave, I think they might play it)

From Somewhere In Time:
Frankly, none. Maybe Alex stays.

From SSOASS:
Infinite Dreams
OTGDY

And I think that's it as far as deep cuts from the 80's go. Everything bar FOTD and Clansman from the 90's is a deep cut.

Maybe they also decide to open with Wicker Man or Moonchild instead of Aces High, which would be my preference and I hope they aren't resigned to putting Aces High into all of their nostalgia tours. I'm thinking a lot of people on here probably agree that it's time for that song to be retired.
Amen to that. Aces and RTTH should be retired, especially at their age and Nicko's current ability.

Back