Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

Just my opinion of course, but I have never been a fan of this idea. It would absolutely make sure that there's a could of very interesting cuts, but I think it also limits the possibilities with certain material too much.

For example, as much as I like most songs on (e.g) The Final Frontier, I probably wouldn't trade the technical possibility of hearing both, Powerslave & Rime for El Dorado. :D

I doubt they'd play a 17 song set at this point anyway. I don't know, I just think that "one song from every album" concept just doesn't fit the Maiden setlist flow and structure that well, but hey, it's just me.
Well they're not going to do it anyway so you don't have to worry

... but I think it also limits the possibilities with certain material too much.
For example, as much as I like most songs on (e.g) The Final Frontier, I probably wouldn't trade the technical possibility of hearing both, Powerslave & Rime for El Dorado.
I doubt they'd play a 17 song set at this point anyway. I don't know, I just think that "one song from every album" concept just doesn't fit the Maiden setlist flow and structure that well, but hey, it's just me.
All true, but there's another side to it. I'd easily trade two big classics played often/a lot/recently for a song like Out Of The Silent Planet, Futureal or No Prayer For The Dying, for example. Even a song I'm not a big fan of, at this point.
I am curious about next tour. Assuming (as it is logical) that it would be something to celebrate their 50th anniversary, I wonder which songs will be played and how they will make it different enough from the Legacy of the Beast. Will they be able to top that tour? Your guess is as good as mine.
It's really curious, yeah. I think it will be different enough from the LOTB tour, it could be with the setlist, but to top the stage... wild to think about. I wonder if they will use different stages/decor, probably not without the worlds theme.
I'd prefer to have each era represented by a few songs, but not necessarily every album.
I'll be more than fine with that. After all, Maiden's live sets have a ''specific'' flow they follow, more or less, so I don't expect any different approaches or structure. LOTB was an exception.
LOTB was pretty heavy on POM. I can see a setlist that focuses more on Powerslave/SSOASS instead of POM.
Yep, very possible, especially SSOASS. I'd prefer BNW, but I don't expect (or want) one album to be represented by more than 2 songs in the set. Especially for a 50 years tour. Maybe only SSOASS if they do 4 epics (as usual) or try Infinite Dreams and/or Only The Good Die Young. All in all, I think the focus should be more diverse. The 80's albums had their throwback tours.
If they are doing an ITV documentary, I wouldn't be surprised if the set is based around that
What does that mean? The included songs in it or?

Yeah, I think so, if the documentary is more focused on a particular era then I expect the set to probably focus on the same era

They should pull a Metallica 72 Seasons tour approach and do 2 shows in each city with a down day in between. One night is “play classics” night and the other night is “deep cuts” night. Discounted tickets if you buy for both nights of the show.

Hell, just call it their 50th Anniversary Farewell Tour and keep the format until they stop touring. If they decide to release another studio album, split some new tracks between both nights of the show (singles on “play classics” night and cool stuff on “deep cuts” night). If Nicko dies or can’t keep up with the set, bring in a touring drummer to finish off the booked dates and call it done.
I think it shouldn't necessarily be one has to be classics and the other will be deep cuts. In all honesty, it's a surefire way to ensure no casual goes to the deep cut night (unless they had a two-night ticket, which, why would you buy that when you can save money and go to the night where they'll play the stuff that you do know?)

I think it shouldn't necessarily be one has to be classics and the other will be deep cuts. In all honesty, it's a surefire way to ensure no casual goes to the deep cut night (unless they had a two-night ticket, which, why would you buy that when you can save money and go to the night where they'll play the stuff that you do know?)
Then you don’t have to worry about appeasing the casuals on deep cut night and you can play whatever the hell you want without much moaning. And people sick of the classics might only go to the deep cut night at other stops.

Also, I’m not saying the single-night tickets should be half the cost of the 2-night package, just that you’d get a discount going to both nights. You can make that discount as large as you want to incentivize the 2-night purchase.

But sure, you could just adopt a “no repeats” between the two nights and have a mix of things, but I think a dedicated deep cuts night would have a very different and cool vibe to it.

Rime being played next year is pretty much confirmed.

Also, during a few shows, Bruce said "See you somewhere back in time, somewhere in the future past".

I think we are getting a best of the 80's tour, which might be named 50th anniversary. With the centerpiece being Rime. I have a strong feeling that one of Alexander and Seventh Son will also be played.

It's also possible, they go Legacy Of The Beast with the 80s albums.

Fuck it, let's mix LOTB with the 80's and keep it a bit adventurous as Maiden do recently...

Ice theme:
1. Moonchild
2. Infinite Dreams
3. The Clairvoyant
4. Stranger In A Strange Land

Sand theme:
5. Alexander The Great
6. 2 Minutes To Midnight
7. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
8. Flight Of Icarus

Some kind of of POM theme:
9. The Trooper
10. Still Life

Hell returns:
11. Hallowed Be Thy Name
12. The Number Of The Beast
13. Iron Maiden

Encore:
14. Fear Of The Dark
15. The Clansman
16. Running Free

If the set is too long, Clairvoyant can be removed.

Things are certainly getting clearer now with Bruce's hints.

As @matic22 mentioned, “Rime” is very likely.

My bet is that we will get a pretty standard '80s setlist plus some deep cuts. Let’s say 12 "standard" '80s songs (and I’m including “Rime” in this list) plus 3 rare/semi-rare/never-played songs. My guess: “Infinite Dreams,” “To Tame a Land,” and “Only the Good Die Young.” Why? Because Nicko has played “Infinite Dreams” and “To Tame a Land” recently. “Only the Good Die Young” was mentioned by Harris some years ago, and now that they’ve played a previously never-played song from the past, the gate might be open for another one. (Hey, I’m not saying it’s confirmed or anything; I’m just saying there’s a chance based on what has happened in the last 6 years since The Legacy of the Beast tour.)

Something like this:
  1. Moonchild
  2. 2 Minutes to Midnight
  3. Infinite Dreams
  4. Revelations
  5. The Trooper
  6. Alexander the Great (Don’t worry, greek cunts!)
  7. Wrathchild
  8. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
  9. Children of the Damned
  10. The Number of the Beast
  11. Fear of the Dark
  12. Iron Maiden

13. To Tame a Land
  14. The Clairvoyant
  15. Only the Good Die Young
I considered songs like “Phantom of the Opera,” “Hallowed Be Thy Name,” and “Seventh Son of a Seventh Son,” but they would have to replace either “Alexander the Great” or “To Tame a Land.” Also, I really hope Aces High and Wasted Years get some rest. (I'd also hope for Revelations and Wrathchild to stay out, but the set has to be realistic).

This encore is obviously very atypical, and I’d be concerned about “To Tame a Land”’s spot, but then again, Bruce is singing “Hell on Earth” in that spot, isn’t he? If a setlist like this does happen, I’d be very satisfied with it, even though I’d like to see deep cuts from BNW onwards. Something like “Rainmaker” or maybe something like “Starblind” or “Montsegur,” which obviously won’t happen.

Last edited:
Fuck it, let's mix LOTB with the 80's and keep it a bit adventurous as Maiden do recently...

Ice theme:
1. Moonchild
2. Infinite Dreams
3. The Clairvoyant
4. Stranger In A Strange Land

Sand theme:
5. Alexander The Great
6. 2 Minutes To Midnight
7. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
8. Flight Of Icarus

Some kind of of POM theme:
9. The Trooper
10. Still Life

Hell returns:
11. Hallowed Be Thy Name
12. The Number Of The Beast
13. Iron Maiden

Encore:
14. Fear Of The Dark
15. The Clansman
16. Running Free

If the set is too long, Clairvoyant can be removed.

I didn’t see your post because I was working on mine. Our setlists look quite similar, don’t they?

Things are certainly getting clearer now with Bruce's hints.

As @matic22 mentioned, “Rime” is very likely.

My bet is that we will get a pretty standard '80s setlist plus some deep cuts. Let’s say 12 "standard" '80s songs (and I’m including “Rime” in this list) plus 3 rare/semi-rare/never-played songs. My guess: “Infinite Dreams,” “To Tame a Land,” and “Only the Good Die Young.” Why? Because Nicko has played “Infinite Dreams” and “To Tame a Land” recently. “Only the Good Die Young” was mentioned by Harris some years ago, and now that they’ve played a previously never-played song from the past, the gate might be open for another one. (Hey, I’m not saying it’s confirmed or anything; I’m just saying there’s a chance based on what has happened in the last 6 years since The Legacy of the Beast tour.)

Something like this:
  1. Moonchild
  2. 2 Minutes to Midnight
  3. Infinite Dreams
  4. Revelations
  5. The Trooper
  6. Alexander the Great (Don’t worry, greek cunts!)
  7. Wrathchild
  8. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
  9. Children of the Damned
  10. The Number of the Beast
  11. Fear of the Dark
  12. Iron Maiden

13. To Tame a Land
  14. The Clairvoyant
  15. Only the Good Die Young
I considered songs like “Phantom of the Opera,” “Hallowed Be Thy Name,” and “Seventh Son of a Seventh Son,” but they would have to replace either “Alexander the Great” or “To Tame a Land.” Also, I really hope Aces High and Wasted Years get some rest. (I'd also hope for Revelations and Wrathchild to stay out, but the set has to be realistic).

This encore is obviously very atypical, and I’d be concerned about “To Tame a Land”’s spot, but then again, Bruce is singing “Hell on Earth” in that spot, isn’t he? If a setlist like this does happen, I’d be very satisfied with it, even though I’d like to see deep cuts from BNW onwards. Something like “Rainmaker” or maybe something like “Starblind” or “Montsegur,” which obviously won’t happen.
Encore is not realistic, imo. I'd go with Matic22's

I am curious what next year will be like as well. If you showed me the Legacy of the Beast setlist before 2018 and told me that it was going to be their 50th anniversary setlist, I would've said that makes a lot of sense. Even the name of the tour is fitting for that. Since they did Legacy of the Beast already, I'll be curious how they differentiate the next hits tour. Will they still open with Aces High? Will they go for career spanning or focus on a particular era? I tend to think that with this current tour being so heavy on the deep cuts and newer material, they probably won't really touch the reunion era much outside of maybe something off BNW and I don't expect them to play any Somewhere in Time songs.

I am still going with my Live After Death tour prediction. Heavy focus on the first five albums plus a lot of Seventh Son (since the Maiden England tour they have only played two songs off that album). Powerslave stage or some sort of desert and ice hybrid.

Rammstein has a bigger show, but they're the only one? Maybe Metallica? Kiss had a pretty good stage show, with interactive stage parts, but that was needed because Kiss sucked live. Sorry, "live".

When you look at what massive pop acts are doing, their innovations are screens, dancers, and costumes, which again, distracts you from what's going on in front of you.

When I go to see Iron Maiden, I want to have the time to watch the greatest active bassist in the world, two of the best metal guitarists of all time, and Janick, do their thing. I like having the time to look at H as he solos, or catch Dave smiling, and to watch Steve sing every fuckin' word. Sorry, *that* is what is special to me.

Hot take, I actually would like the show "smaller". I know people like the giant Eddies and stuff like that, but I find it distracting and kinda undignified for a band like Maiden. I guess I always found a bit of dissonance there, with Maiden being relatively high-brow and then this kitsch and shlock with zombified mascots and stage costumes (though honestly, I find Gabriel's shenanigans also one of the weaker parts of early Genesis live performance). Pyro is slightly better, but also a cheap gimmick.

Stuff I would love to see would be from the completely opposite rank - making the concerts special, unique somehow. A bit of improvisation (a lengthening of certain solo sections would be enough, I wouldn't expect Maiden to turn into a jam band out of a sudden), slightly rotating setlists (even if they decided to switch around or replace a song or two on the spot), bits of spontaneity, stuff like that. I really don't want my bands to compete with Taylor Swift with the size of their screens or something.

Realistically I expect next year's tour to be very 80s heavy. That's still fun of course, I just hope they pull out 3 or 4 lesser played but great songs like infinite dreams of they stick to that era solely.

Back