Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

It would be cool to hear them do something like Rush did for R40 where they start with the most recent stuff and go backwards chronologically. It pretty much follows the way they already structure the setlists and allows them to do the usual approach of the predictable final 6 songs (NOTB, Hallowed, etc). Only differences are that they would have to make Iron Maiden the very last song of the night and Fear of the Dark would have to go earlier.

Something like:
The Wicker Man
Days of Future Past
El Dorado
These Colours Don't Run
The Book of Souls
Fear of the Dark
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Die With Your Boots On
The Number of the Beast
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Run to the Hills
-----------------------------
Sanctuary
Killers
Iron Maiden

A few songs from the early days, including Wrathchild, since that obviously can't miss such a celebration.
A few songs from the late 80s, including Wrathchild to commemorate its place in the World Slavery Tour, Somewhere On Tour and Seventh Tour Of A Seventh Tour.
Some songs from the 90s, to cover the two Bruce and two Blaze albums respectively, including of course Wrathchild, which was played on 5 of the 6 90s tours.
Finally, a few post-reunion songs, including obviously Wrathchild, standing tall among all the new tracks and stubbornly claiming its spot in multiple setlists over the years.

It would be cool to hear them do something like Rush did for R40 where they start with the most recent stuff and go backwards chronologically. It pretty much follows the way they already structure the setlists and allows them to do the usual approach of the predictable final 6 songs (NOTB, Hallowed, etc). Only differences are that they would have to make Iron Maiden the very last song of the night and Fear of the Dark would have to go earlier.

Something like:
The Wicker Man
Days of Future Past
El Dorado
These Colours Don't Run
The Book of Souls
Fear of the Dark
Die With Your Boots On
The Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Run to the Hills
Sanctuary
Killers
Iron Maiden
To match the incredible tour that was R40, it would need to be strict in backwards order, which this is not. Geddy did an amazing job with that set (it was his idea and setlist IIRC, approved by Alex and Neil).

To match the incredible tour that was R40, it would need to be strict in backwards order, which this is not. Geddy did an amazing job with that set (it was his idea and setlist IIRC, approved by Alex and Neil).
Well, that’s why I said “something like” not exactly like. I don’t see the point in Maiden doing that with the way their setlist flow usually works. Even in this format it’s pretty out there for Maiden.

Well, that’s why I said “something like” not exactly like. I don’t see the point in Maiden doing that with the way their setlist flow usually works. Even in this format it’s pretty out there for Maiden.
But, it could be done with a few adjustments. That's my point.

Otherwise, I agree. The biggest difference is that Rush was doing "An evening with" shows for last 15 years, while Maiden always play 1h 45min. It's much easier to do it if you play 10 songs more.

I just hope they really throw a few curve balls in. There's potential for this to be the most bog standard, boring, predictable as hell greatest hits set ever, and I really hope they avoid that.

I just hope they really throw a few curve balls in. There's potential for this to be the most bog standard, boring, predictable as hell greatest hits set ever, and I really hope they avoid that.
I am sure they will, the last tours they have done show they are very eager to bring back deep cuts and maybe even never before performed songs.

Proposed that in the Create Your Own Setlist thread. Builds up audience through the whole show.

50th Anniversary Tour (2025)
======================
1. The Wicker Man
2. Stratego
3. El Dorado
4. Dance of Death
5. Lord of the Flies
6. The Clansman
7. Fear of the Dark
8. The Evil That Men Do
9. Heaven Can Wait
10. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
11. The Trooper
12. Iron Maiden
======================
13. The Number of the Beast
14. Hallowed Be Thy Name
15. Running Free

But, it could be done with a few adjustments. That's my point.

Otherwise, I agree. The biggest difference is that Rush was doing "An evening with" shows for last 15 years, while Maiden always play 1h 45min. It's much easier to do it if you play 10 songs more.
Yea that's a big part of it I think. Rush could get away with doing a whole set of songs from the mid 80s and later because you were also guaranteed an entire second set of the "classic." There's no way Maiden can cover every album or even every era at this point. I would even say that the setlist I made is way too reunion heavy for what they might realistically do for a 50th anniversary tour (which probably looks closer to a SBIT setlist than a LOTB setlist even).

They should pull a Metallica 72 Seasons tour approach and do 2 shows in each city with a down day in between. One night is “play classics” night and the other night is “deep cuts” night. Discounted tickets if you buy for both nights of the show.

Hell, just call it their 50th Anniversary Farewell Tour and keep the format until they stop touring. If they decide to release another studio album, split some new tracks between both nights of the show (singles on “play classics” night and cool stuff on “deep cuts” night). If Nicko dies or can’t keep up with the set, bring in a touring drummer to finish off the booked dates and call it done.

Someone else here suggested it, too: I also believe the set will be divided in different eras of their career.
80's-90's-Reunion era. Sure, why not, but then maybe they should use different stages again-? And I can't see them playing a few songs in a row from an era other than the 80's. This concept is nice though.
I don't think we should worry given the last tours and Nicko and Bruce's desire.
There's no way Maiden can cover every album or even every era at this point.
... 50th anniversary tour (which probably looks closer to a SBIT setlist than a LOTB setlist even).
Every album? Difficult, esp with 15 songs and because of some albums. It would be cool, for a final tour, and they were close in 1999 and in 2000.
Every era? Possible. Agreed on both though. Closer to SBIT, especially if Bruce's continue using the word ''somewhere'' after the shows now, but it will be more like/interesting like LOTB/GME tours.
-> mostly 80's stuff (classics and deep cuts, 7 songs?), 2-3 early days songs (a short song like Wrathchild, plus IM), 1-2 90's songs (FOTD is the one), at least 2 Reunion songs and that's it.

Last edited:

Something like:
The Wicker Man
Days of Future Past
El Dorado
These Colours Don't Run
The Book of Souls
Fear of the Dark
Die With Your Boots On
The Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Run to the Hills
Sanctuary
Killers
Iron Maiden

That sounds like a good idea. I cannot see them not closing the main set with Iron Maiden though.

The set should be one song from every album

Just my opinion of course, but I have never been a fan of this idea. It would absolutely make sure that there's a could of very interesting cuts, but I think it also limits the possibilities with certain material too much.

For example, as much as I like most songs on (e.g) The Final Frontier, I probably wouldn't trade the technical possibility of hearing both, Powerslave & Rime for El Dorado. :D

I doubt they'd play a 17 song set at this point anyway. I don't know, I just think that "one song from every album" concept just doesn't fit the Maiden setlist flow and structure that well, but hey, it's just me.

I am curious about next tour. Assuming (as it is logical) that it would be something to celebrate their 50th anniversary, I wonder which songs will be played and how they will make it different enough from the Legacy of the Beast. Will they be able to top that tour? Your guess is as good as mine.

Not a fan of the "one per album" idea either. I'd prefer to have each era represented by a few songs, but not necessarily every album.

I am curious about next tour. Assuming (as it is logical) that it would be something to celebrate their 50th anniversary, I wonder which songs will be played and how they will make it different enough from the Legacy of the Beast. Will they be able to top that tour? Your guess is as good as mine.
LOTB was pretty heavy on POM. I can see a setlist that focuses more on Powerslave/SSOASS instead of POM.

Back