Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

To be honest, the reason that they aren't quite the same level as for example metallica and a few others in the US, is the exact reason i love them so much. Iron Maiden has ALWAYS done everything their own way, never to become popular or appeal to the masses. Like just listen to senjutsu, the raw, live sound compared to the over-polished generic productions of the new metallica and priest albums. Maiden has become popular because people like them for who they are, and they dont try to be something they aren't, and they still follow their own instincts instead of doing the same as the rest of the industry
Sure Maiden don't do "big shows" in the US like Metallica and GnR but they still fill arenas and amphitheaters. I think that if Maiden were an American band things might have been a little different. But the name and imagery of the band may have led American radio to think they weren't commercial enough. Classic Rock radio in America loves to play music from many now defunct bands yet Maiden endured and is still one of the biggest metal bands in the world today.

Of course there will be a tour in the year of their anniversary.

A special show, like several bands had in Wacken this year and will have in 2025, e. g. "Orange Goblin - 30th Anniversay Show".

Who cares if Maiden don’t do big shows in the states? They haven’t done this consistently for decades. They conquered America in the 80’s. I doubt they care at this stage in their career if they do it again.

Regarding stage design, I have never had an issue with Maidens stage design or production. I go for the music. They could go back to the No Prayer on the Road design and I would be happy. I like all the extras but the simple things are just good. I mean for gods sake, the highlight of the LOTB show for me was when the lights went out for the briefest of moments during the chorus of Sign of the Cross to highlight the cross. Simple but effective.
God, I'd never want a Maiden tour in stadiums here even if they could fill them.

I think that would be a pretty cool concept. Though it potentially means a lull in the setlist when the casual fans don't get an 80's song for 20 mins

Back