Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

I'd say again, it mostly depends on production, setlist and yes, the package. If they get the likes of Megadave or Priest or even both, it could happen. Alter Bridge is an option too.

And then, there is the mystery of the documentary. If they are banking on it being a success, that could be a massive boost. But it would need to be released relatively early next year.

I do not think either of those bands would add that many more tickets to what Maiden can sell on their own.
Don't know... A lot of bands are doing packages recently. Like Def Leppard/Journey as we speak (despite Schon and Cain wanting to choke eachother on stage each night).

Don't know... A lot of bands are doing packages recently. Like Def Leppard/Journey as we speak (despite Schon and Cain wanting to choke eachother on stage each night).

But that is a package of two arena headliners. The examples you gave were not even close to them, at least in the USA.

I'd say again, it mostly depends on production, setlist and yes, the package. If they get the likes of Megadave or Priest or even both, it could happen. Alter Bridge is an option too.

And then, there is the mystery of the documentary. If they are banking on it being a success, that could be a massive boost. But it would need to be released relatively early next year.
Absolutely, but I don't think they announce American tour just after current leg, year after year, it's too early. Bruce said Maiden is going to do a massive Tour in 2026, it's obvious they will visit NA with s big tour, indoors, some amphitheatres and festivals - business as usual. Docummentary, for sure next year but I think not so early, European leg will be a success anyway. Who knows, the best possible option is wait and see what happens. I must say my patience suffers well :)

Can you imagine Iron Maiden/Slipknot package, two arena headliners, two generations and different sub-genres of metal?!

But that is a package of two arena headliners. The examples you gave were not even close to them, at least in the USA.
Also this package is not playing stadia in every market. There are a lot of arena stops in there. And Maiden isn’t even close to either band’s individual draw in the states.

The best way to think of an Iron Maiden stadium tour in the USA is to look at Power Trip as those are probably the only hard rock/metal bands that have stadium potential. Any of those combinations are viable for a stadium tour coheadlining. The problem is that Maiden isn't going to co-headline or open up for another band at this stage. They're obviously never going to share the stage with Ozzy (nevermind the fact that Ozzy is never going to tour again). I have a hard time seeing them doing a co-headline with GNR or Tool, even though those are probably the most likely to bring enough draw for a stadium tour. Metallica and AC/DC don't need another band to fill up stadiums, so Maiden would be an opening act in those situations. Priest isn't big enough to be more than an opening act. So unless Maiden wants to co-headline with Tool/GNR or somehow one of those bands agreed to open for Maiden, I don't think it's possible.

When you guys say stadium tour in the US, do you mean baseball/MLS stadiums(20k-45k) or NFL stadiums(60k+)?

I think Maiden can fill baseball and MLS stadiums with bands like Pantera or Ghost.

When you guys say stadium tour in the US, do you mean baseball/MLS stadiums(20k-45k) or NFL stadiums(60k+)?

I think Maiden can fill baseball and MLS stadiums with bands like Pantera or Ghost.
This is a good distinction as well. I was thinking NFL stadiums, but yes I think a baseball stadium is more feasible with the right support acts.

The best way to think of an Iron Maiden stadium tour in the USA is to look at Power Trip...
I think Power Trip isn't a good example because of the ticket prices, which were extremly stupidly high (it was a Coachella for rock audiences).

But yeah, sporadic gigs in 30-40k baseball stadiums are feasible for maiden IMO. Maybe one or two NFL stadiums in there in the biggest markets, but mostly smaller ones.

The best way to think of an Iron Maiden stadium tour in the USA is to look at Power Trip as those are probably the only hard rock/metal bands that have stadium potential. Any of those combinations are viable for a stadium tour coheadlining. The problem is that Maiden isn't going to co-headline or open up for another band at this stage. They're obviously never going to share the stage with Ozzy (nevermind the fact that Ozzy is never going to tour again). I have a hard time seeing them doing a co-headline with GNR or Tool, even though those are probably the most likely to bring enough draw for a stadium tour. Metallica and AC/DC don't need another band to fill up stadiums, so Maiden would be an opening act in those situations. Priest isn't big enough to be more than an opening act. So unless Maiden wants to co-headline with Tool/GNR or somehow one of those bands agreed to open for Maiden, I don't think it's possible.

Don't know if it's the same in the US, but at least around here there's definitely a lot of crossover of Maiden and GnR fans in the general populace, which is mostly old geezers (either actual ones or spiritual ones), which is the case with rock in general (although Metallica are really good at bringing a lot of casuals who know mostly Nothing Else Matters and Mama Said, primarily on name recognition alone).

So from a marketing point of view, that would seem quite logical and might have quite a pull, however I can't somehow imagine the bands cooperating much, they give off vastly different vibes and I wonder if having Bruce and Axl on the same stage is a good idea (didn't they have some feud too?)

Tool... unless they somehow have a much bigger crossover appeal over the pond, I can't imagine that. They're a much more niche band than even, say, Dream Theater and at least to me they feel like they attract a completely different audience. Despite being technically "prog", I see them vibing more with the Nine Inch Nails or someone from the Lollapalooza crowd, but maybe that's just me.

BTW how about DT themselves? They toured with IM in the past, DT members are fans of IM, 'Arry used to like DT himself, they're both moderately successful with the public and they feel compatible, melody-wise, spiritually... Also, with Portnoy kinda bridled nowadays, there are probably no competing personalities.

If there wasn't the history with Ozzy/Sharon/whomever (but then again, Axl and Bruce also had problems with each other - little wonder) and if they weren't simply too old for anything, Sabbath - Maiden would seem a really good match.

Whatever the band is planning for next year, it probably won't be an album:

Odd answers by Steve again. I mean, ok, maybe he wants to save the surprise for the new album as usual, or most likely they haven't decided on that yet, but why all the mystery about the tour next year?

''No, not at the moment. There's nothing in the works at the moment. But that's not to say there won't be. Bruce has only just done his solo tour. So he spent quite a long time just doing that. So, I don't know. Yeah. I mean, maybe we'll find time to cram a new album in somewhere. You never know.''

^Nothing surprising and is expected now ofc. I'd say that's a rather positive response in a way. If they record a new album - it should definitely be in the next 2 years anyway. I doubt they have plans beyond 2026 for now.

''I'm on tour for the next four months up till Christmas. So I'm not really sure what we're doing after that. I suppose we'll probably take a break with MAIDEN for a little while. I've got no plans at the moment for anything with BRITISH LION early part of next year. But if something comes in, I find it difficult to turn stuff down. So, we'll see.''

Not really sure? Come on. Break with Maiden for a little while? I guess next year's tour will start in the summer. No solo plans for early next year at the moment is good for a potential new Maiden album.

I'm almost sure London Stadium next year is happening. Maiden just posted a picture of them giving a TFP poster to Lopetegui for his birthday. From the frequency of Maiden posting WHU stuff, I'd say the probability of a gig there next year is 85%.
It's likely yeah. Maybe with a few other UK dates (or not). We expect only a European leg for next year (mainly festivals, stadiums and arenas ofc, like in 2022), although Bruce hinted at 90 shows for him and Maiden, but 50+ shows for Bruce and 30-35 shows for Maiden is my guess. Remember he also said the 2026 tour will be big, so then they will do NA/SA, Europe/UK again and maybe more like this year.
And they'll bring on stage all past members to perform songs like Iron Maiden or Sanctuary. At least I'd like to see that happen.
IIRC Steve ruled that out, but who knows, there could be some unexpected surprises or guests.
If they do stadiums, of course it needs to be a big fuckoff production. LOTB, but on a much bigger scale.
We all expect a special production (impressive is subjective anyway), but was the 2008 tour production that impressive for stadiums?

Edit-to elaborate a bit a few days later: Maiden shows are always the best. Their live productions are always interesting with different things. Bigger production? What does this mean? Big screen? I like that Maiden always stay true to themselves. Lots of pyro? You can't do that for the whole show, it will be boring. All bands are using more or less the same template for a live stage. For a stadium, all you need is a big screen and big light show with spoardic pyro. Metallica has a great light show for their current tour, but other than that, nothing. Kiss concerts were miles better than Metallica or the other so called stadium bands. You can have screens and stuff, but it's how you use them. Priest and Manowar's recent tours are a positive example of this. With all the different tours since the Reunion, current setlists, stages, props and attention to detail, I think no Maiden fan should complain. Nobody does live shows like Maiden (and big Eddie) and that's a fact. Also, they did their big thing in the US in the 80's and playing bigger venues there was never their intention. Only a few metal/especially rock bands can do that. It's usually arenas there and in the UK. They have Europe and SA for that. They could release more interesting stuff as a bonus, but they're bigger than ever during the Reunion and the management is doing a great job. Sales and all. I mean, different opinions, but it's just laughable.
I think that if they do stadiums, it's gonna be a world tour not just Europe.
Given their latest tours (excluding TBOS one), I doubt it. And didn't Bruce say that he will return to Brazil next year, but with his solo band.
I think it depends mostly on production, setlist and the proximity of shows. TFP which is 1/3 new album and 1/3 SIT is for die-hards. If they go LOTB on a stadium scale, they could do it.
True, and they want just the hits, but the fans get tickets before the shows. And I don't think that's Maiden's aim for NA. Maiden could only be a co-headliner now with an old big band.
The release date of the documentary is curious. The release of the expected live album/video from the current tour too. I don't think it's that important for Maiden's sales boost. And what about the meeting with Kevin in Australia? I guess that's what it's about.

Last edited:
I do not think either of those bands would add that many more tickets to what Maiden can sell on their own.

Absolutely, if Maiden are going to bring a band to bump up the numbers, it's going to have to be someone much younger with a different fan base. Like that time they brought Manson out. Ghost would probably be too big now I feel, unless given a proper set, with maybe a third band on the bill.

Think GNR would be in the same bracket as Metallica and AC/DC, i.e. Maiden are never going to be headlining over them. GNR don't need a package for stadium gigs.

Not really sure? Come on. Break with Maiden for a little while? I guess next year's tour will start in the summer...

We should never forget to not take such statements so seriously and literally.
In many cases it is agreed that band members should say in interviews that they don't know this or that yet, when in reality everything has been arranged in the background for a long time.
For example, in order to be able to make a surprise announcement at a time of their own choosing.

It's likely yeah. Maybe with a few other UK dates (or not). We expect only a European leg for next year (mainly festivals, stadiums and arenas ofc, like in 2022), although Bruce hinted at 90 shows for him and Maiden, but 50+ shows for Bruce and 30-35 shows for Maiden is my guess. Remember he also said the 2026 tour will be big, so then they will do NA/SA, Europe/UK again and maybe more like this year.
Exactly, I hope for 30 - 33 IM shows in 2025 and 56 - 58 Bruce's solo gigs in the Autumn (September - December). The may release docum in March or even later next year during Bruce’s tour, as something special for Maiden fans. And as we know it's going to be docummentary for fans, not fabular biopic as Motley Crue or something, a comedy for casual listeners. Maiden will never go this way, Bruce said it's pathetic for him.

Back