Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

I'm almost sure London Stadium next year is happening. Maiden just posted a picture of them giving a TFP poster to Lopetegui for his birthday. From the frequency of Maiden posting WHU stuff, I'd say the probability of a gig there next year is 85%.

I'm almost sure London Stadium next year is happening. Maiden just posted a picture of them giving a TFP poster to Lopetegui for his birthday. From the frequency of Maiden posting WHU stuff, I'd say the probability of a gig there next year is 85%.
That sounds like quite a reach but I'll take it!

Any chance of a link? If it's on Twitter the site is unusable for non-members now

I remain skeptical about this. It is an 80000 capacity stadium. Even if it is the only UK gig.

I am not sure how many tickets they sold last time the toured the UK, but if you take away people who attended multiple shows, those not willing or not able to travel and those who don't like stadium shows (poor view, mediocre sound etc), I don't see how they'll fill it up. And playng to a half empty stadium can be a major let down.

I remain skeptical about this. It is an 80000 capacity stadium. Even if it is the only UK gig.

I am not sure how many tickets they sold last time the toured the UK, but if you take away people who attended multiple shows, those not willing or not able to travel and those who don't like stadium shows (poor view, mediocre sound etc), I don't see how they'll fill it up. And playng to a half empty stadium can be a major let down.
Special event with some support and stage config which allow to hold 50+ thousand people, to me sounds good. Last time they played seven shows in the UK for 110k people combined. The tix were sold in moment. To me Olympic Stadium show seems to be very likely.

And they'll bring on stage all past members to perform songs like Iron Maiden or Sanctuary. At least I'd like to see that happen.

Any chance of a link? If it's on Twitter the site is unusable for non-members now
Screenshot_20240828_175724_Instagram.jpg
They never posted so much WHU stuff...

I think if they do limited run of stadiums in Europe (around 15), this is feasible.

Wanda, London Stadium, Ullevi, Munich Olympic Stadium... Places like that with a special production.

I think so same but according to Bruce there are around 90 shows booked for next year (including his solo and Maiden), so I don't think they'll announce only 15 in the biggest cities in Europe. Generally it'd be similar to 2022 tour including a few arenas, some festivals and stadiums. And of course you're right, they should do something special.

Whatever the band is planning for next year, it probably won't be an album:

If they're not gonna vastly improve stage set size, it would be better to stay away from stadium shows, imo. So far, PR wise, Maiden stadium shows are not very impressive (judging only from PR "image" point of view)
If they do stadiums, of course it needs to be a big fuckoff production. LOTB, but on a much bigger scale. Not exactly Rammstein, but you know what I mean.

I think so same but according to Bruce there are around 90 shows booked for next year (including his solo and Maiden), so I don't think they'll announce only 15 in the biggest cities in Europe. Generally it'd be similar to 2022 tour including a few arenas, some festivals and stadiums. And of course you're right, they should do something special.
I think that if they do stadiums, it's gonna be a world tour not just Europe.

45 dates. 15-20 in Europe, 15 in North America and 10 in South America.

I think Maiden would really struggle to fill stadiums in NA, especially a year after an extensive arena tour (in which very few shows if any have sold out).

I think Maiden would really struggle to fill stadiums in NA, especially a year after an extensive arena tour (in which very few shows if any have sold out).
I think it depends mostly on production, setlist and the proximity of shows. TFP which is 1/3 new album and 1/3 SIT is for die-hards. If they go LOTB on a stadium scale, they could do it.

I think it depends mostly on production, setlist and the proximity of shows. TFP which is 1/3 new album and 1/3 SIT is for die-hards. If they go LOTB on a stadium scale, they could do it.
Exactly, TFP was planned for declared super fans, casual listeners want just hits, nothing more than hits. I think all depends on attractive production and setlist anyway.

I don't think casual fans are going to look at it that analytically.

"Iron Maiden is playing a stadium show this year, but I'm going to skip it because I already saw Iron Maiden last year."

Also, if Maiden were to play stadiums in the USA they would need to bring out legitimate opening acts and not their kids. Something like Megadeth, Ghost, even Judas Priest. Really skeptical that it works even in that instance, although I could see something akin to TBOS 2016 with some arena dates spread out around the country. It makes sense for them to do a full blown world tour in a year since it's increasingly difficult at their age to be able to reliably say they'll be able to tour 2 years from now.

That ship sailed with the pandemic. They tested the waters with a stadium show in LA, but they definitely lost some momentum in the States after covid unfortunately.

West Ham play there, so Steve is probably used to it by now.

Back