Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

This is a very good performance I think
Yeah, there were at least a handful of instances in 2014 where they nailed it quite well. And it was played during the encore which increases the difficulty level. IMO it sounded even better than the majority of the first LOTB tour (with the exception of the first months in Europe). I won't even mention the 2022 LOTB takes on Aces High... I'm surely aware of the age factor but then again so should the band members themselves should be.

Maybe a festival date or two. Most of the dates will be announced in October.

Powerslave 40th anniversary boxet will probably be released in September.

Also, I think it's very likely Rime gets played next year, no matter what kind of tour it is.
Powerslave Box is your guessing or you know something?!

No, you misunderstand me. I said, 'This version is almost as bad as the Bayley performance from the South American leg in 1996,' meaning that this is the poorest performance of 'The Trooper' by Iron Maiden since 1996. It wasn't because of Nicko back then; it was because of Blaze!
To be fair this vocal performance is much but much better than Blaze's back in the day. And although this is more than a consensus among fans, it all has to do with vocal ranges. This guy sings the whole thing in falsetto and is on key for the vast majority of the song. Whether one likes his voice or not is not the issue here. Blaze, on the other hand, sure wasn't able to sing falsetto and could hardly scratch the soprano voice Bruce used on the track's original. And the result was evident: almost every note was a miss. No knock against Blaze: I think his voice really works on other Maiden songs but when the deal is high pitch just forget it.

I hope so.

They could play The Edge of Darkness, The Aftermath and 2 AM.
Yeah, I'd liked it too but let's be real. Yet I fear this would be a flop among a large portion of Maiden fans who hate the album's guts. Personally, I would love a tour featuring tracks like Man On The Edge, Sign Of The Cross, Fortunes Of War, Lord Of The Flies and The Edge Of Darkness. They would make 100% sense in a 90's based setlist (alongside tracks such as Tailgunner, BYDTTS, BQOBD, ATSS, FOTD, The Clansman or Futureal, i.e.) that would be complemented with a handful of 80's classics on a thematic tour that was never explored. But then again, the fulcral point here is the 90's are an era many fans like to forget, left alone celebrate. :(

Yeah, I'd liked it too but let's be real. Yet I fear this would be a flop among a large portion of Maiden fans who hate the album's guts. Personally, I would love a tour featuring tracks like Man On The Edge, Sign Of The Cross, Fortunes Of War, Lord Of The Flies and The Edge Of Darkness. They would make 100% sense in a 90's based setlist (alongside tracks such as Tailgunner, BYDTTS, BQOBD, ATSS, FOTD, The Clansman or Futureal, i.e.) that would be complemented with a handful of 80's classics on a thematic tour that was never explored. But then again, the fulcral point here is the 90's are an era many fans like to forget, left alone celebrate. :(
I think a huge chunk of the audience probably isn't that familiar with the Blaze material or has listened to them only a few times. The common criticisms for TXF and VXI are the production, the repetition and the performances. The first of those is irrelevant to the way Maiden sounds live, the third is solved by having Bruce and Adrian back. The repetition on the other hand is something that can work well live and something Steve has embrace more and more as the years went by. I genuinely think that a couple of lesser known Blaze tracks could work very well in an upcoming tour.

That said, I doubt that they'll do anything like that.

A Powerslave box set with the 1984 Hammersmith gig would be cool. We know these recordings exist, so releasing it'd be a perfect opportunity.

That being said, I don't think that it'd make sense for another tour to be Powerslave-themed. It's already been done once. I have no doubt that a 50th-anniversary tour would include the PS tracks since they're iconic, but IMO 23:58 and Rime would be good enough. The first one is a live staple that hasn't been played recently and Rime would be interesting for the more demanding audience. In theory, they shouldn't play it anymore since SBiT was supposed to be the last opportunity to hear some of the songs they played on the tour, but then again, I doubt that anyone would care. So we'd have 2 PS songs in the setlist, other classics not performed during the current tour (The Evil That Men Do, The Number of the Beast...), and perhaps some newer tracks. I wouldn't expect too many deep cuts and we know that due to Nicko's health, their options are going to be limited, but it'd be sweet to hear stuff like Man on the Edge or Still Life. Although it's gonna be difficult to make a good setlist for the 50th-anniversary celebration with such a large discography and songs that you just have to play at an Iron Maiden show.

Honestly it would be very weird if they used the 50th anniversary to focus on a specific album or combination of albums, especially following hot on the heels of a tour completely focused on new material and deep cuts. It's the most obvious opportunity to do a straightforward Greatest Hits package and possibly to push for stadium dates in territories where they would usually play arenas. For all we know, and I hope it isn't, it could even wind up being their final huge scale tour and the last opportunity to do so.

Honestly it would be very weird if they used the 50th anniversary to focus on a specific album or combination of albums, especially following hot on the heels of a tour completely focused on new material and deep cuts. It's the most obvious opportunity to do a straightforward Greatest Hits package and possibly to push for stadium dates in territories where they would usually play arenas. For all we know, and I hope it isn't, it could even wind up being their final huge scale tour and the last opportunity to do so.

Finally some common sense!

Back