Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

With BNW 25th anniversary happening in 2025 as well, I think Wicker Man as a starter is a given.
Nicko said it's one of his hardest songs to play live back in 2018. It's a bit tricky to simplify it unlike for CSIT, but idk. Songs have to be chosen carefully because of Nicko now.

They'll probably use Moonchild as an opener again. I want BQOBD or not a common choice this time. Something different.
I don’t see Bruce singing that one either…
With Bruce's vocal form?
What can we expect as the stage set and general - production for the 2025 tour? Some ideas?
The usual stage, although the decors make everything. Pyro, Eddies and some stage props. They might surprise us with something again, who knows. I'd say that we should expect that not only setlist-wise, but also something for the stage.
I'm curious with what (or if) they'll replace the two side screens with, or they could use them again. What is the upgrade for them? The decor will be really curious (like for the Legacy tour), I just hope the stage will be new and they won't use ideas from previous tours like in 1999.
There probably isn't a song in Maiden's discography they will drop due to demanding vocal lines. They finished the 2022 set with Aces High after all.
This. The songs will always be demanding.
I think Hallowed was dropped because of the numerous tom rolls in the song.
We know that Nicko struggled with Trooper intro fill during the first half of the tour (even dropping it sometimes) and Hallowed would be pure hell for him as it has many.
Agreed. I'm not sure, but I think they will bring back Hallowed, as much as it is demanding for Nicko. It's a big classic and he can work it out now, I guess?

I think @Vaenyr would love the chorus. :p

Joking aside, Bruce will probably do a decent job singing the song live these days.
Damn, I'm catching strays for no reason :p

Truth be told, I love the music of it, but the lyrics are underwhelming. Not even the repetition of it, my bigger issue with the song in general is that most of the lyrics have no connection to the book (at least in my interpretation). I read the books 20 years after having heard the title track and was expecting something vastly different. There are a couple of lines that reference the character of the Savage, but that's it really.

Anyway, the song is in D minor, so it's a whole step lower than the typical Hallowed or Trooper, so even if it's not the most easy song he'd probably sing this one better than many other songs that they haven't dropped yet.

I think they would never drop a song due to being too vocally demanding, plus I think Bruce's ego would simply say no. Aces High closing in 2022 happened and most of us know that it shouldn't have. That tells you all.

I doubt it's because of Bruce's ego. The inflatable spitfire and the picture of Bruce with avation goggles played such a big role in that tour's promotion that they couldn't drop it. Maybe they were even contractually obliged to play it.

I doubt it's because of Bruce's ego. The inflatable spitfire and the picture of Bruce with avation goggles played such a big role in that tour's promotion that they couldn't drop it. Maybe they were even contractually obliged to play it.

A contractual obligation to play the song as the last song of the set (most challenging at this position)? I would find that highly unusual.

How about the band themselves and also Bruce, who felt confident to do so, found such an ending of the show most impressive?

When IgglePiggle started going to sleep, I shouted ‘Fuck this I’m off’

iggle-iggle-piggle.gif

A contractual obligation to play the song as the last song of the set (most challenging at this position)? I would find that highly unusual.

How about the band themselves and also Bruce, who felt confident to do so, found such an ending of the show most impressive?

I meant contractually obliged to play it overall, not at this specific position in the set. It's just a guess anyway, based on the importance the imagery associated with the performance had in the tour promotion.

Back