Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

The most successful metal band is of course Metallica, but considering entire career IM are next after them. If we compare classic/traditional metal bands IM are the most successful among them. Not bad at all.
Of course it's "not bad at all", they are legends. Never claimed otherwise. My point was that Maiden isn't the biggest metal band, if we take rock into account there are plenty of bigger bands out there and once we move on to all genres there are artists that are on entirely different levels as far as popularity goes.

Of course it's "not bad at all", they are legends. Never claimed otherwise. My point was that Maiden isn't the biggest metal band, if we take rock into account there are plenty of bigger bands out there and once we move on to all genres there are artists that are on entirely different levels as far as popularity goes.
Yeah, it's true. So, if I try to compare Maiden with other rock and metal bands I think about strictly metal, especially traditional metal acts such as Judas Priest, and Black Sabbath - the biggest ones in the subgenre. On the other hand, there are hard rock/heavy rock bands that people sometimes use labeled "heavy metal": KISS, AC/DC, and Scorpions. I can't deny fact they had some metallic songs or even albums, but generally - they ain't metal per se. There's something that makes a difference between hard rock and metal - apart from music: the image, atmosphere, and domination of "hard topics" in lyrics. And the aesthetics of stage shows and albums' cover art. It's something different, dark, and often very controversial. Metal is not only about making listeners "happy - whoopy" or just entertaining like most mainstream rock or hard rock artists used to. Metal is a part of the rock phenomenon but rock is not compatible with metal on many different levels, especially today.

Yeah, it's true. So, if I try to compare Maiden with other rock and metal bands I think about strictly metal, especially traditional metal acts such as Judas Priest, and Black Sabbath - the biggest ones in the subgenre. On the other hand, there are hard rock/heavy rock bands that people sometimes use labeled "heavy metal": KISS, AC/DC, and Scorpions. I can't deny fact they had some metallic songs or even albums, but generally - they ain't metal per se. There's something that makes a difference between hard rock and metal - apart from music: the image, atmosphere, and domination of "hard topics" in lyrics. And the aesthetics of stage shows and albums' cover art. It's something different, dark, and often very controversial. Metal is not only about making listeners "happy - whoopy" or just entertaining like most mainstream rock or hard rock artists used to. Metal is a part of the rock phenomenon but rock is not compatible with metal on many different levels, especially today.
Of course metal is different from rock. As are the various subgenres of metal. Metal ist linked to rock music and could arguably be seen as a subgenre of rock in the broadest sense though.

The overall point wasn't to minimize the success of Maiden; it was to show that there are plenty of artists that are far more succesful and popular, regardless of what we might think of their music. This includes bands with guitar-heavy music, regardless of if the music is metal or not.

Next year Brave New World will turn 25 years old. Something old, something new... Power World Tour is coming for You!
BNW is a (classic) album that could be celebrated, but I think they'll use the 50 years theme for more setlist freedom. And I prefer that. From BNW they could play: the title track, Ghost(?), Mercenary, Silent Planet, Angel.

Last edited:
BNW is a great album but I hope it won't be the focus of the next tour. 6 of the 10 songs were recorded for Rock In Rio and two more songs were played a handful of times, leaving The Nomad (doubtful because of its middle part) and TTLBLAH (unconventional song, very different vibe than most songs, difficult to sing).

In general I'd prefer to get a setlist spanning the entire discography instead of focusing on one album or tour in particular. Though SSOASS in its entirety would be the one exception for me.

With BNW 25th anniversary happening in 2025 as well, I think Wicker Man as a starter is a given.
We might see the title track as well.

BNW is definitely an IM classic, a great comeback album. But what do you think about the stage production referring to the 50 Anniversary Tour? I only hope it should be bigger and more elaborated with some special effects. Some ideas?

Well, if changing the post-chorus drum rhythm in CSIT to something completely different is fair game, there's nothing stopping them from adjusting the bass drum pattern in Wicker Man's chorus. Not necessary to pound out the constant 16th notes.

I don’t see Bruce singing that one either…
There probably isn't a song in Maiden's discography they will drop due to demanding vocal lines.* They finished the 2022 set with Aces High after all.

*Hallowed on the current tour might be the exception

There probably isn't a song in Maiden's discography they will drop due to demanding vocal lines.* They finished the 2022 set with Aces High after all.

*Hallowed on the current tour might be the exception
I think Hallowed was dropped because of the numerous tom rolls in the song.

We know that Nicko struggled with Trooper intro fill during the first half of the tour (even dropping it sometimes) and Hallowed would be pure hell for him as it has many.

I think they would never drop a song due to being too vocally demanding, plus I think Bruce's ego would simply say no. Aces High closing in 2022 happened and most of us know that it shouldn't have. That tells you all.

Back