Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

So by that point the setlist was already finished and Aces High was at the beginning.

"We ended up opening with that" so they changed it during the rehearsals or during the pre-production (more likely).

Again, it's not the only time he mentioned this.

I would say his current set has less number of difficult songs for him than the current Maiden tour.

Well, not exactly. On TFP he struggled with Days of Future Past and the most, the rest goes very smooth for him. On the other hand his solo setlist has songs like Book of Thel, Tower, sometimes Road to Hell, Alchemist, Darkside of Aquarius and Many Doors to Hell

"We ended up opening with that" so they changed it during the rehearsals or during the pre-production (more likely).

Again, it's not the only time he mentioned this.
You literally posted the video and there's no way to interpret what he said in any other way. He explicitly said that he only saw it in rehearsals and that he thought it would be great to end with it because of the spectacle, not because of the song. They didn't change a single thing, that's simply you misinterpreting Bruce's words.

You claim he mentioned it other times, post your sources then. You have a history of claiming your opinions as facts without any source to back them up, so please: Post the sources.

You literally posted the video and there's no way to interpret what he said in any other way.
I agree. "We should close the show with that/we ended up opening with that" = It was supposed to be the closer then it became the opener.
Or you can think the fact it ended up being the closer in 2022 it's just a crazy coincidence.

I don't have time to find interviews from six years ago. I could try when I have time but definitely not now.

You have a history of claiming your opinions as facts without any source to back them up
Have you seen the first post of this thread?

I agree. "We should close the show with that/we ended up opening with that" = It was supposed to be the closer then it became the opener.
Or you can think the fact it ended up being the closer in 2022 it's just a crazy coincidence.

I don't have time to find interviews from six years ago. I could try when I have time but definitely not now.

Have you seen the first post of this thread?
Maybe listen to the entire sentence instead of cherry-picking whatever suits you. He literally said that he though they should end with it because he was wowed by the spectacle of it. Then he explains that this wasn't necessary and that the show they designed is even more impressive than that. He also explicitly mentioned rehearsals, by which point the setlist is already done. Why would he think in rehearsals that the spitfire would be great for the ending when it was already planned to close the show according to you? Because it never was supposed to. And that's before we talk about logistical issues and how it wouldn't make sense to put the war theme towards the end or to separate Aces High from the war staging. I'm sorry but you are absolutely wrong in this instance.

And I stand by what I said. I didn't say you exclusively make up stuff and post your opinions as fact, I said you have a history and that's definitely true. You did again in the past few pages. So, whenever you find the time I want to see the sources to your claim, otherwise I'd have to assume that you either misunderstood or made it up.

Why would he think in rehearsals that the spitfire would be great for the ending when it was already planned to close the show according to you?
Really? They thought of putting the spitfire at the end, they tried, someone said "what if we're opening with this?" and then they changed.

But yeah, believe what you want, I'm not the spitfire's lawyer. I swear Bruce mentioned Aces High was supposed to be the closer of the show in 2018, but it was probably a video so I don't have time to check every interview from 2018/2019. Feel free to do so, I followed my instict of clicking a random show from 2019 and it ended up having Bruce saying what he said, so you can certainly find more.

I said you have a history and that's definitely true.
Like when?

giphy.gif

Really? They thought of putting the spitfire at the end, they tried, someone said "what if we're opening with this?" and then they changed.
According to whom? Certainly not Bruce. You are making things up that were never said. Again to drive the point further: Why would they separate Aces High from the war staging? Or do you think they wanted to put the war theme last, when it was specifically put in first due to making transitions easier?

But yeah, believe what you want, I'm not the spitfire's lawyer. I swear Bruce mentioned Aces High was supposed to be the closer of the show in 2018, but it was probably a video so I don't have time to check every interview from 2018/2019. Feel free to do so, I followed my instict of clicking a random show from 2019 and it ended up having Bruce saying what he said, so you can certainly find more.
Burden of proof and all that. You are the one making the claim, so you need to post a source ;)

But it's funny that the source you chose to post explicitly contradicts your original claim.

Like when?

Certainly not Bruce. You are making things up that were never said
You asked "Why would he think in rehearsals that the spitfire would be great for the ending when it was already planned to close the show according to you?" and I answered with the most likely scenario: "They thought of putting the spitfire at the end, they tried, someone said "what if we're opening with this?" and then they changed." I wasn't at the rehearsals and neither were you, but you said that the fact Bruce thought it was a good way to close the show is the proof it wasn't considered to close the show.

But it's funny that the source you chose to post explicitly contradicts your original claim.

"When we saw that, when I saw that for the first time in rehearsals I went "oh my god we have to finish the show with that". So we started the show with that and it's better"

Nothing here contradicts what I'm saying. If anything, he proves they considered the idea of closing the show with the spitfire.

But yeah, who cares, let's just say I made it up and the fact they actually closed the show with that years later it's just a big coincidence and nothing more.

You asked "Why would he think in rehearsals that the spitfire would be great for the ending when it was already planned to close the show according to you?" and I answered with the most likely scenario: "They thought of putting the spitfire at the end, they tried, someone said "what if we're opening with this?" and then they changed." I wasn't at the rehearsals and neither were you, but you said that the fact Bruce thought it was a good way to close the show is the proof it wasn't considered to close the show.
It's incredibly simple: If the song was originally thought to be at the end, as you claimed, then Bruce wouldn't think "we should close with this" during rehearsals when he saw the spitfire, since they'd already be doing so. This is proof that it wasn't originally planned for the ending of the show.

"When we saw that, when I saw that for the first time in rehearsals I went "oh my god we have to finish the show with that". So we started the show with that and it's better"

Nothing here contradicts what I'm saying. If anything, he proves they considered the idea of closing the show with the spitfire.
He didn't "consider" anything. He had a thought. That's literally it.

But yeah, who cares, let's just say I made it up and the fact they actually closed the show with that years later it's just a big coincidence and nothing more.
Yes, we can agree that you made it up, especially since now you moved on from even trying to source your claim, when before you said you'd do it. And you once again ignored the logistical issues with the tour if Aces High was separated from the war theme or if the war stage was moved to the end since it was explicitly put first to make transitioning to the next sets easier. Also, there's no "coincidence" (that makes you sound like a conspiracy theorist lol), the 2022 tour had different realms and the Senjutsu realm was put first, so the spitfire had to go to the end, since otherwise the already noticeable delays during transitions would've become even bigger. Venues don't have unlimited space, so the order has to be considered.

I don't know if that's not a bit unrealistic. With the level of production Maiden have, you don't normally just say "Hey what if..." at rehearsals regarding such a massive change. At such a late stage, there would have to be huge problems with the intended production.

I only have one interview where they talk about it:

Classic Rock, Special Issue No. 4 (2021)

My translation:

...But you can probably guess whose idea the Spitfire was, can't you? Steve laughs: “Of course it was Bruce who decided on the plane. And it was quite ambitious, especially for the first song. A lot of people would have only used it at the end. But that's also a statement. We're getting started with it. And maybe we can't top that later on, but it's definitely an attention-getter...”

Back