Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

As someone said, the spitfire was the trademark for the Legacy tour and they couldn't drop it (not becuase of obligations or stuff like that).
The position was a callback to the original intentions of the band, which decided to put Aces High as the opener only after they saw the spitfire, at first it was supposed to be the last song as in 2022.

Honestly, I think every 2022 rendition of Aces High was WAY better than 2012/2014.

I gotta be honest: I'm incredibly doubtful about that Aces High claim, considering the obvious logistical issues with the idea. They had three distinct themes for the staging going, remember? War is first because it's actually feasible to remove the netting etc. to get to the cathedral stage, but also because it has WED in it, which is too demanding to play at the very end of the show.

What Bruce said back then was that it should have been the last song because it was so impressive, it was never the intention.

I gotta be honest: I'm incredibly doubtful about that Aces High claim, considering the obvious logistical issues with the idea. They had three distinct themes for the staging going, remember? War is first because it's actually feasible to remove the netting etc. to get to the cathedral stage, but also because it has WED in it, which is too demanding to play at the very end of the show.

He said that in many interviews and I think also at some of the first shows as well.

I've listened to a lot of versions, both at the actual shows or online, and honestly I find all of this a bit too much.
So have I and I also saw them live in 22 and I stand by what I said. I'm also of the opinion that Aces High fundamentally doesn't work live and there isn't a single live version out there that sounds good to me, but 22 is truly bottom of the barrel stuff (in my opinion of course).

The beauty of opinions :p

From minute 1:00 and forward.
You misinterpreted his words then, because this doesn't support your original claim. Bruce simply says that he was so blown away that he thought this should close the show when he first saw it. He never said that Aces High should be moved or was supposed to be at the end. In fact, he specifically mentions that he saw it for the first time in rehearsals, so by that point the setlist was already finished and Aces High was at the beginning.

You misinterpreted his words then, because this doesn't support your original claim. Bruce simply says that he was so blown away that he thought this should close the show when he first saw it. He never said that Aces High should be moved or was supposed to be at the end. In fact, he specifically mentions that he saw it for the first time in rehearsals, so by that point the setlist was already finished and Aces High was at the beginning.

Quoted for truth.

So have I and I also saw them live in 22 and I stand by what I said. I'm also of the opinion that Aces High fundamentally doesn't work live and there isn't a single live version out there that sounds good to me, but 22 is truly bottom of the barrel stuff (in my opinion of course).

The beauty of opinions :p

I really think it works as an opening song, but it definitely does not as an encore.

If I have to choose a live version, I'll probably go with the 1999 one.

Up to this point, Bruce sounded absolutely stellar on his solo tour. And honestly that setlist and tour schedule are way more demanding than a Maiden tour.
Agree with the first statement. About the second, I wouldn't say that. I would say his current set has less number of difficult songs for him than the current Maiden tour.
This. Bruce always says that Aces High is one of his hardest songs to sing, so I think they played it in 2022 only because of the prop and that's why it was last. The impression. The War section could have been last (albeit with difficult songs like Aces and Eagles), but they realized it was better for the crew and for Bruce to open with it. And the impression is stronger.
If I have to choose a live version, I'll probably go with the 1999 one.
Me too. Or the 2008 one.

Back