Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

Not a fan of NPFTD at all (my honest opinion is that they should've done only one album with NPFTD's and FOTD's top 9 or 10 songs) but the intro solo to Fates Warning is my favorite solo Dave has ever played.
There's something epically sad and wasted in that solo.
Another way of looking at it is that Bruce's better material from tattoed millionaire could have been on NPFTD. yes I know that's barely 10 minutes more of good ideas, but one album in 1990 between them would have been better,

Would like to see a new album first of all. If not, then a '15 songs that defined the band' tour might be nice...

Fantasy setlist for 2025 (also based on the data...):

1. If Eternity Should Fail
2. These Colours Don't Run
3. Brave New World
4. Dance of Death
5. Bring Your Daughter...
6. Fear of the Dark
7. Clairvoyant
8. Mariner
9. Revelations
10. Hallowed...
11. Run to the Hills
12. Iron Maiden
----
13. When the Wild Wind Blows
14. Phantom of the Opera (hopefully Nicko can still play it late in the set?)
15. Killers / Prowler

Would like to see a new album first of all. If not, then a '15 songs that defined the band' tour might be nice...

Fantasy setlist for 2025 (also based on the data...):

1. If Eternity Should Fail
2. These Colours Don't Run
3. Brave New World
4. Dance of Death
5. Bring Your Daughter...
6. Fear of the Dark
7. Clairvoyant
8. Mariner
9. Revelations
10. Hallowed...
11. Run to the Hills
12. Iron Maiden
----
13. When the Wild Wind Blows
14. Phantom of the Opera (hopefully Nicko can still play it late in the set?)
15. Killers / Prowler
Good shout on IESF as an opener. To be honest, it have no idea what they will use as an opener next year. Of the 7 ‘history’ and ‘retro’ tours since 1999, they have used Aces High 3 times, and relatively obvious choices for the others (except for Beast in 2003). Any guesses?

Good shout on IESF as an opener. To be honest, it have no idea what they will use as an opener next year. Of the 7 ‘history’ and ‘retro’ tours since 1999, they have used Aces High 3 times, and relatively obvious choices for the others (except for Beast in 2003). Any guesses?
What if they open with Only the good die young?

What if they open with Only the good die young?
If they play it, it'll be a surprise and work as an opener (plus the outro is perfect too), but think they'd use it after an epic in the middle of the set.

If the tour's theme is 80's/classics (not announced as a 50th anniv), then an 80's song will probably be the opener. And the most likely one is Moonchild. The other options are Murders, Prowler and Number like in 2003. Eagles would be tough for Nicko now or they could use something unexpected as an opener like 2 Minutes or Evil That Men Do. The best choice imo is Be Quick Or Be Dead or Futureal (not gonna happen, unfortunately), if Wicker Man is out of the picture. Eternity would be nice and it's popular enough, but I want it only with solos now.

If they play it, it'll be a surprise and work as an opener (plus the outro is perfect too), but think they'd use it after an epic in the middle of the set.

If the tour's theme is 80's/classics (not announced as a 50th anniv), then an 80's song will probably be the opener. And the most likely one is Moonchild. The other options are Murders, Prowler and Number like in 2003. Eagles would be tough for Nicko now or they could use something unexpected as an opener like 2 Minutes or Evil That Men Do. The best choice imo is Be Quick Or Be Dead or Futureal (not gonna happen, unfortunately), if Wicker Man is out of the picture. Eternity would be nice and it's popular enough, but I want it only with solos now.
I think OTGDY would work as it really just goes straight into action. What if after that, the acoustic section goes straight into moonchild? Would be interesting but unrealistic

...before the encore.

Because there is no way in hell the possibly last Iron Maiden concert is going to end with anything different than "Iron Maiden's gonna catch you, and you, and you, aaaand you, Iron Maiden is gonna catch all of ya".
Disagree. There's no way in hell that the last song ever played will be the self titled. The encore will probably consist of songs like Blood Brothers, Wasted Years and/or Hallowed.

We'll see what happens on Thursday... Is there any basis why there should be a tour announcement then, or just rumours? The long break between dates?

We'll see what happens on Thursday... Is there any basis why there should be a tour announcement then, or just rumours? The long break between dates?
From what I've seen only rumours and a long game of telephone. Nothing substantial has been shared yet.

Back