Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll see what happens on Thursday... Is there any basis why there should be a tour announcement then, or just rumours? The long break between dates?

I don't see why the band would need to have a break when more tour dates are announced.

Why is it often claimed that people know more in the official form? Aren't they just fans who are simply fan club members? It's not entirely clear to me.

I don't see why the band would need to have a break when more tour dates are announced.

Why is it often claimed that people know more in the official form? Aren't they just fans who are simply fan club members? It's not entirely clear to me.
People in the FC (not only those who write) usually have more connections.

Just heard 'the prophecy' and i thought that it would be a nice choice. always wanted to play it. the tempo is ok for current nicko imo.

I don't know why they would announce next tour so early in the current one (standard end of October/early November makes more sense).

But again, stranger things have happened.

Edit: It could be that the documentary will be announced tomorrow. That makes much more sense than next year's tour. Firstly you announce a documentary that comes out next spring and then you cash on it with greatest hits tour, which is announced a month or two after the documentary.

Last edited:
Trondheim Rocks are announcing their headliner tomorrow, some posters may be dismayed to know it takes place one week before Download Festival :lol:
I still believe Maiden won't do Download based on what some people have said.

Trondheim Rocks are announcing a band that tick these boxes

1. There wouldn't be Trondheim Rocks without this band - Maiden was the first headliner they ever had back in 2018
2. They support charity - Heavy Metal Truants? This one is a bit unclear to me
3. A big inspiration for many and have a very unique sound - Maiden

And there were a few more hints from their official channel, but these were the main ones I would say. It could be Maiden, a lot of people are guessing Foo Fighters though.

So, as I see some have already started posting possible setlists so why not, here we go. Setlist based on Legacy of the Beast structure in terms of songs lenghts and setlist positsioon and centerpiece songs.

1. Moonchild (I don't think they will use Aces again, other option - Wickerman is out)
2. 2 Minutes to Midnight (haven't played that in last few years, so I guess it can make a return)
3. Phantom of the Opera (classic that has to be played once again, especially on anniversary tour)
4. Wrathchild (shorter song after long song, I don't want to hear it, but enough time has passed since it's last appereance, so it's quite possible)
5. Infinite Dreams (they have played Icarus, they have played CSIT and Alexander, so why not give this song a chance after it was omitted from Maiden England tour, like above mentioned songs were omitted from their most suitable tours)
6. Dance of Death (one of the centerpiece songs of the setlist, lots of theatrics and honestly I would love to hear that one, so maybe more of a wishful thinking than evidence based selection, but you never know)
7. Evil that Men do (again popular song that hasn't been played last couple of years)
8. Rime of the Ancient Mariner (main centerpiece song of the set, lots of pyro, much like Sign of the Cross was, also it seems people are pretty sure of this song featuring on the next tour)
9. Clairvoyant (classic short song after long one, also haven't been played in years, I guess should be easy to relearn and play)
10. Fear of the Dark
11. Number of the Beast
12. Iron Maiden
13. The Trooper (you can't leave this one out)
14. Brave New World (maybe unrealistic choice to play a reunion era song in the encores of 50th anniversary, but why not mix it up with a song from reunion era beginning)
15. Hallowed be thy Name (if it is their last tour, then this should be their last song to be played)

Yeah, that's it, although some songs setlist positsion may be improved here and there but all in all I think it may be quite doable. I can see 7th son of a 7th son (also maybe rumoured?) replacing Dance of Death (although it could be quite heavy in terms of 7th son material then). And I would kill to hear Afraid to Shoot Strangers melody live (maybe it will replace Infinte Dreams ). Also, maybe Sanctuary or Running Free makes a return, but hopefully not. And if it is celebration of 50 years, then some short Blaze era song should and could make an appereance.
But, yeah, all in all I can see something like this happening.

I don't know why they would announce next tour so early in the current one (standard end of October/early November makes more sense).

But again, stranger things have happened.

Edit: It could be that the documentary will be announced tomorrow. That makes much more sense than next year's tour. Firstly you announce a documentary that comes out next spring and then you cash on it with greatest hits tour, which is announced a month or two after the documentary.
That would be far too late. They're not going to announce a summer tour only a few months before it kicks off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back