Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear you. What I find intriguing is this: it feels as they must have put lots of work in it. And they were "only" spotted/busy in Paris for a short while, a long time ago. Don't you think the band must have continued working afterwards? Perhaps they did a lot online? Building and shaping until they were satisfied... A very different way of working for Maiden, but who knows.
I would be massively surprised if they didn't just bang out the whole album in two or three weeks, use all Bruce's guide vocal takes instead of doing it properly, get Kevin Shirley to mix it until it sounded half-finished, ignore Adrian's pleas to add some reverb to things to actually make it sound nice, shout "JOB'S A GOOD 'UN LADS, SEE YER ON TOUR" and then tell us all in interviews that the reason they got through it so quickly was because the magic in the studio almost made them feel like they were back working on Number of the Beast rather than because Steve doesn't give a shit about fixing mistakes or adding pesky modern shit like 'production' because "y'know, Iron Maiden are in essence just a great live band and we really just wanted to capture that on record, y'know" even though we all know we'll get live versions of most of the songs anyway on the stop-gap 3 LP live album coming out three years down the road.

Cynical? Me??

Despite how it may seem I am actually still very excited about this whole thing and loving the breadcrumb trail they're leaving us...

Last edited:
I don’t agree with all of Steve’s choices, but I’m fully in support of his production and art and song writing choices. He knows what he likes and doesn’t give a fuck what others think. That’s what’s kept Maiden from ever “selling out.” Having a band leader that doesn’t succumb to peer pressure.
I love Steve and agree that his stubbornness is often a virtue. However I don't think I have ever enjoyed his production choices. They simply haven't sounded as good as they ought to since he started co-producing with Martin Birch in the 90s. Up until that point every album sounded slightly different but all in a good way, like they had found precious stones and taken the time to chisel each different coloured gem into a slightly different ornate shape. Nowadays they just take the precious stone from the rock, wipe some of the mud off it and say it's finished, even though it would look much better carefully hewn into shape and set in a crown...

Last edited:
Since we're talking about production, I am really looking forward to hearing Nicko's playing and sound on the new album. He was with Sonor at the time, and I wonder which kit he used. Maybe either the TBOS or LOTB kit, unless he has an old one.

MY BET for IM17 album cover?
DEREK RIGGS...
As it all started, it all ends...
That would be a (nice) surprise. But no CGI graphics, please. :lol:

My bet is for Wilkinson (TBOS Eddie is great) or Grant (fantastic artist!).
The DoD album cover would have been awesome if it was “finished”
The DOD album cover would have been awesome if it wasn't done with CGI graphics - as I've said, computer graphics can't be compare with a painting done by the hand of an artist.

Last edited:
Kevin Shirley’s latest Instagram post signs off with the “writings on the wall…”. The amount of WOTWing going on all across the Maiden world right now makes me feel the album will be launched on the 15th rather than just an announcement.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ2HRKXMu5d/?utm_medium=copy_link

Launching the full album on the 15th would make my heart explode. But they never did such an out of the blue thing, so... I honestly think it's new single + full album details (cover, tracklist, writing credits, release date, pre-order links).

If new album is very Bruce driven, I don't think it will be their last opus. They like what they're doing. Earlier this year, standing by the pinball mashine, Bruce said that he was writing little bit with Steve. Maybe they already have some songs and ideas for next album. Just a thought.

Earlier this year, standing by the pinball mashine, Bruce said that he was writing little bit with Steve. Maybe they already have some songs and ideas for next album. Just a thought.
I wouldn't be surprised since they write all the time (and always have ideas). And because of this whole time without touring, maybe they wrote even more songs.

Kevin Shirley’s latest Instagram post signs off with the “writings on the wall…”. The amount of WOTWing going on all across the Maiden world right now makes me feel the album will be launched on the 15th rather than just an announcement.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ2HRKXMu5d/?utm_medium=copy_link
I think that if the album was to be released in two weeks, the information would have leaked by now as the logistic to deliver records to stores would probably have hinted stuff to sellers.
Plus, but I may be wrong: aren't records supposed to be released on Fridays? At least that's the case here.

I think that if the album was to be released in two weeks, the information would have leaked by now as the logistic to deliver records to stores would probably have hinted stuff to sellers.
Plus, but I may be wrong: aren't records supposed to be released on Fridays? At least that's the case here.

Yeah, records get always released on Fridays.
While BIG announcement related to music, in Maiden field, usually come on Thursdays. So everything seems very clear.

20 pages ago on this thread, or so, I placed my "bet" about Friday September 24th as album release day. Even if Friday 17th, given the recurrence of 17, could be VERY likely, at this point....

I still think an album cover leak is plausible, from here to the 15th.... As for the single: I remember on August 14th 2015 I had Speed Of Light in my speakers and headphones about 3 hours before the official release at 9:00 am (italian time). I think the mp3 file was uploaded on MediaFire or something similar, in the first hours of the early morning...

At this point, every thing can happen.
And I'm definitely going to give a listen or a watch to EVERY POSSIBLE THING that will possibly leak before the 15/07 date.

Last edited:
Yeah, records get always released on Fridays.
While BIG announcement related to music, in Maiden field, usually come on Thursdays. So everything seems very clear.

20 pages ago on this thread, or so, I placed my "bet" about Friday September 24th as album release day. Even if Friday 17th, given the recurrence of 17, could be VERY likely, at this point....
Aaaah, I may have missed that post then, but sept 17 would be really nice!

I placed my "bet" about Friday September 24th as album release day. Even if Friday 17th, given the recurrence of 17, could be VERY likely, at this point....
If not on 15/07, then it will be in September (most likely).

The month of the release of the other reunion albums - TBOS and DOD both were released in September, AMOLAD and TFF in August, BNW in May.
If new album is very Bruce driven, I don't think it will be their last opus.
The writing credits don't matter imo, but (sadly) given the time between releases and the fact that they're not getting any younger, this could be their final album. They are all in good shape... everything depends on Nicko. I'm not worried about Bruce.
- I think they have at least one more album in them (with the current lineup). *If there is one more History/Hits tour, this would make the things complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back