Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right. They can adjust/change LOTB3 to new album tour (if they want/if it is necessary), I guess.
Just a little reminder, this is one of things that caused people to think whether 2022 is LOTB 3rd leg or not:
5561b9cc6fb0039ebaa51d1edd627700be9b929a[1].jpeg
29b1b50e946e5f7dd6101ce90197c8cba3ee5d5a[1].jpeg
The original Download posted advertised it as Legacy Of The Beast, while 2022 didn't mention anything at all.
But it still remains as LOTB on Maiden's tour pages..so..
So, curious to follow it they ditch LOTB or not? To be or not to be? That is the question. Seems that it will go on as planned or what do I know yet?

I feel, given the way in which they're promoting all of this, that this album:
A. could be their last, and they already know it.
B. has been the one they're most proud of for... Well, for decades.

(A mix of both A and B is likely, sadly...)

I can't recall something THIS big by them, for a promotion campaign.
I don't think TROBB clues and stories shared on their website, back in the summer of 2006, can't beat this (even if, obviously, web and social media give way more tools and possibilities, now).
I hear you. What I find intriguing is this: it feels as they must have put lots of work in it. And they were "only" spotted/busy in Paris for a short while, a long time ago. Don't you think the band must have continued working afterwards? Perhaps they did a lot online? Building and shaping until they were satisfied... A very different way of working for Maiden, but who knows.

Just a little reminder, this is one of things that caused people to think whether 2022 is LOTB 3rd leg or not:
View attachment 15333
View attachment 15334
The original Download posted advertised it as Legacy Of The Beast, while 2022 didn't mention anything at all.
But it still remains as LOTB on Maiden's tour pages..so..
So, curious to follow it they ditch LOTB or not? To be or not to be? That is the question. Seems that it will go on as planned or what do I know yet?
It's quite possible that they worked out a deal with promotors to re-brand the tour.

Download 2020 was cancelled and refunded, so it's technically a complete new gig.

I suspect the tour next year will be the remaining dates as scheduled early summer, and then new album gigs to be announced for late summer.

It's a case of whether those early summer gigs will be Legacy of the Beast or not. They might have to play rescheduled gigs as LOTB but "new" gigs could be new album, or maybe even they can play all the early summer gigs as new album? Who knows.

I don't think any fans will be pissed off if their gig is switch from LOTB to new album. I certainly won't be :lol:

Doesn't in English speaking countries Writing on the Wall literally meaning impending doom, the end?

Even If that's completely true, and even If I'm more a pessimist block, about some things...

I have to say that Maiden seem to like A LOT playing with album titles, sometimes.

Didn't 'The Final Frontier' title cause a huge amount of overthinking on the chance for it to be their last, 11 years ago? :)

Having said that, whatever the title is, Nicko's next birthday is 70 y-o, and unless they have recorded the 18th album during the pandemic in secret (to me they absolutely didn't), and given the span between an album and the next one nowadays, the market that has changed....
This could REALLY be their last.

That’s what made me think it could be a reference to London.

In addition to the new place at Battersea, I think Apple has another office at Hanover Street, pretty close to Phantom Management.
That's probably more likely - Maiden are with Phantom management aren't they?

Since Book of Souls came out I’ve:
Got a new job in a different dept
Separated from my wife
Filed bankruptcy
Divorced wife
My son moved back in with his mom
Started a new relationship
Bought house with new girlfriend
Son moved back in with me
Son started college
Three promotions at work
Broke up with GF, moved out of house
Got new apartment
Started dating again
Have collected 90% of all Maiden works on vinyl

There’s more, but It’s neat seeing how much can happen in-between Maiden albums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back