Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was sitting in bed staring forward and thinking about Maiden the other day, and a had a premonition regarding the next studio album. What if this will be their last album, and Maiden knows it. They fully intend to release this album, their last one and then tour for it and call it a day. If that were the case, then regarding it almost two years ago and not releasing it yet makes perfect sense, because there is nothing over the next horizon afterward. Regardless of how long it takes to finish the LotB tour, once it's done it's done. Then boom: new album, some shows, and that's it. And clearly Joe Lazarus is training right now to take Nicko's spot on the last extensive tour they do.

I have spoken (well, typed).

I know the things, but I don't hope to see anybody else there on the drums but Nicko. And I don't know when and how many times I will see Iron Maiden live. It isn't yet even known when they will hit the stage..because next years shows are in danger anyways.
It will surely need some severe situation that they would let anybody else there unless they wouldn't have absolutely any other way to do it in the last minute, so definitely it's good to have someone waiting and backup if something happens.

Next album might be their last album, but what if they did compose more material during the COVID-19 lockdown..hope that they had some time off and relaxed, took care of themselves and families.

Every album since Brave New World was going to be their last one. I was already wondering when people would bring it up this time.

Given the time that they now have, lack of additional activities etc. they can record more than one album and keep it for future release as an additional income source when they call it a day.

Given the time that they now have, lack of additional activities etc. they can record more than one album and keep it for future release as an additional income source when they call it a day.
Or Dave can just mow his lawn countless of times instead.

As for me, my pennies are for the latter.

I've had that bit of wishful thinking myself, that they did record a 2019 album and now are recording a 2020 album to blow us away with how vital and creative they still are at this age. But time and time again, I'm reminded that new music isn't high on Maiden's priority list these days. I tend to think they do a new album every now and then in order to, as Bruce has repeatedly called it, avoid becoming nothing more than a 'cabaret act.' I'd like to think they're anxious to record as much new music as possible with the time they have left to further pad their legacy, but I just don't think that's the case. I'd love for them to prove me wrong and have done exactly this, but I'm not betting a dime on it.

I would like to be member of the inner circle or crew, because now during this current situation it would be awesome to know:
Im been certainly confident all this time, as proved by the almighty Maidenfans extensive detective work..there's atleast one album on tape that was recorded in Paris last year. It must not have been coincidence or accident that they all were there in Paris, unless they were so busy helping Bruce move his stuff..
If the detective work proves to be exact as 1 album must have been recorded, we don't know if it is finished or how many material they did manage to do then, but I would be also interested in knowing if there anything else that has been recorded/composed during the COVID-19?

This was the detective work that I mentioned talked previously and works as little synopsis of the happenings and sightings:
March 31st 2018 - Steve says in an interview that Iron Maiden will begin working on a new album early 2019 “Well, as is normal after a very long tour, we will take some time off… well, rather them, because I plan to do some performances with British Lion this fall in Canada, Latin America and Japan, and I’ll have to put the band back to the point.
But I think that at the beginning of the year we will meet to start working on new issues, in fact we already have several ideas and some half-assembled songs for a new album.”

(this has been translated from English to Spanish and back again, so the language is a bit off)

Entrevista exclusiva a Steve Harris: “Iron Maiden no para; ya estamos preparando temas para un próximo disco” | MariskalRock.com

Fast forward to 2019,

In January people who attended a Iron Maiden related event (at cart and horses i think?) said someone confirmed Maiden will record a new album in March.

Towards the end of Feb the band members schedules seem to start wrapping up other activities. The instagram accounts of the various wives reveal that Nicko is in London, Adrians vacation in the Bahama’s is finished, and Bruce only has a handful of book tour dates left.

March 1st - Kevin Shirley is heading to Europe
Kevin Shirley on Instagram: “Cruise is over. Thanks to Joe and Roy (AND RACHAEL!). Docked in Tampa Bay (sunrise with no filter). Dev to CA, I’m off to Europe.…”

March 2nd - Kevin is in Paris, at a restaurant 15 mins from Guillaume Tell Studios (where they recorded BNW and TBOS)
http://instagr.am/p/Bug_lgLnNDH/(post ends up being deleted shortly after)

Kevin continues to post various instagram pics in Paris throughout March-end of May

March 11th - Floating Point Audio post on Facebook “Looptrotter Monster testing at Studios Guillaume Tell test by Kevin Shirley for Iron Maiden”
Floating Point Audio(this post is later edited to remove any mention of Iron Maiden)

March 12th - Dennis Stratton posts on Facebook “Happy birthday Steve. Great talking with you yesterday. Enjoy Paris”
Dennis Stratton

March 15th - Iron Maiden Fan meets Yanick in Paris

March 20th - Kevin posts a picture of the Looptrotter Monster compressor he’s using in GT
Kevin Shirley on Instagram: “Another Spring has sprung so I’m freshening up my equipment. I prefer analog gear to plug-ins. This doesn’t rhyme.”

March 23rd - Dave Murrays guitar tech Colin Price has been in Paris
Colin Price on Twitter

March 24th - Bruce has been fencing in Paris
MATWATCHES on Instagram: “Would you like fencing with Bruce? #brucedickinson #ironmaiden #fencing #pilotlife #militarywatch #sportmotivation #bruceaeris…”
(location tag was later changed to London)

March 28th - Kevin posts a picture from inside GT Studio
And now the tag location has been changed to London. Was Bruce fencing in London (where he was seen carrying a fencing bag) or in Paris? Rod is one sneaky bastard, I must say.

April 2nd - Steve at Raven Age show in Paris
Florian Merindol on Instagram: “Hier soir après le concert on a eu l'honneur de rencontrer Mr Steve Harris en loges! Encore une putain de bonne soirée …”

April 4th - Another pic of Steve in Paris

April 12th - Mikkey Dee of Motorhead opens his new bar in Paris. Nicko is there for the opening.

April 13th- Adrian is in the south of France (the band tend to take weekends off)
Nathalie Dufresne Smith pe Instagram: „Up to no good in Monte Carlo!! #crazyfish #adriansmith #montecarlo #ironmaiden #goodfriends #monaco”

April 17th - Kevin posts a picture from inside GT Studio
Kevin Shirley on Instagram: “Days in darkness....”

April 18th - Bruce pictured in Paris
Bruce Dickinson Fanpage on Instagram: “Bruce with @matwatches and @richardlongdangthanh at Vietnamese restaurant “Sourire de Saigon” (Photo by Richard Long Dang Thanh)…”
Bruce Dickinson Fanpage on Instagram: “Fencing yesterday in Paris! (Photo by Vinz Bdy) #brucedickinson #paulbrucedickinson #ironmaiden”

April 21st - Bruce pictured in Paris
Jagger on Instagram: “I just ****ing met Bruce Dickinson!!!”

April 29th - A fan catches Bruce, Janick and Kevin near the studio

May 12th - Bruce still in Paris

May 15th - A French fan meets Steve, Bruce and Kevin at GT Studio. Kevin says they’re just finishing up mixing. Bruce is on crutches.
Iron Maiden à Suresnes en ce moment (Page 5) / L'actualité d'Iron Maiden / Forum Iron Maiden France

At the beginning of June things seem to have tailed off, with Kevins instagram suggesting that IM17 is done and he’s onto other projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back