Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
What 3 albums are you comparing from Maiden and AC/DC?

Black Ice - Rock or Bust - Power up = 12 years

TFF -TBOS - TBC = 10 years and counting

AMOLAD - TFF - TBOS = 9 years
He's right. From 2006, so in the last 14 years, we've had 3 albums: AMOLAD, TFF and TBOS.
AC/DC put out 3 albums in the last 12 years, from 2008 to 2020. So 12 years is less than 14 years. In other words, his point is that from 2007 onwards AC/DC has put out more records than Maiden (3 vs. 2), at this time.

But, on the other hand, if the new Maiden record sees the light of day in 2021, we'll have 4 Maiden album over 15 years, against 3 AC/DC albums over the sime time-span. Then again, 2000-2021 would be: 4 AC/DC albums vs. 6 Iron Maiden albums. So Maiden are generally more prolific, anyway. And yes, way more original with every release, as far as I'm concerned. No question about it... And that counts a lot.

Last edited:
Amaranthe has released 3 albums since TBOS came out, but they too rehash their old stuff.
Look at "young" Maiden. A new album just about every year. They don't have the need, nor do they care to write, record, and release that frequently anymore.

But I agree about Amaranthe. I like them, but they have such a specific formula with their singing lineup that I can imagine it can be tough to come up with something that still sounds like them yet isn't redundant.

Something folks don’t mention much, however, is just how long their new albums are. Excepting VXI, every album since 1995 has been approaching (and often breaking) the 70 minute mark. That’s almost two albums worth of music when compared to their shorter albums in the 80s. Book of Souls is two albums + an EP when looking at that.

Something folks don’t mention much, however, is just how long their new albums are. Excepting VXI, every album since 1995 has been approaching (and often breaking) the 70 minute mark. That’s almost two albums worth of music when compared to their shorter albums in the 80s. Book of Souls is two albums + an EP when looking at that.

This is a very true statement.

Definitely agree. The 80's albums with running times of (37-51 minutes) are perfect and aren't much at all showing idling.
Sure there's couple little lesser songs there (but things got bit worse actually after the 90' onwards today), but still each album from 80's are really neat packages and works precisely as you don't get bored and surely you can listen to the whole album. The later albums are great all and I like them, but sometimes they have decided to push the very limits too far, as I don't think it's necessary to hit over 70 minutes everytime.

Amaranthe has released 3 albums since TBOS came out, but they too rehash their old stuff.
One of the bands I listen to has released 15 albums in the last 10 years. But I won't share the name here because don't want anybody to bash them.
I would say any band that released several albums yearly are highly productive.

Rumour: Maiden will play in Rock In Rio next year on the opening night of the festival.

I did not expect a visit in RIR so soon after the concert there last year. This show will be part of the new album tour, I guess... (if there is a tour next year...).

With the current numbers of cases of Covid still around, I would say it's pretty safe to bet that there won't be any tours or shows next year by anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back