Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
they say he's played on 14 albums... I wonder where they got that number from?

13 albums he played on + the new album = 14 albums... :innocent:
Yeah they were all in Paris with KS for 2 months for no reason. And Bruce has been talking about new songs as an elaborate hoax

Maybe they wrote and recorded the album during those 2 months in Paris - who knows.... (were they really 2 months ?) and probably now they have some mixing work to be done and Rod prepares the actual release of the album. And Bruce talking about new songs which will be released in a short period of time,... well, it seems 1 year is a short period of time for Bruce....

Otherwise, why you will wait 1 year to release the (already written and recorded) album. Probably because of the LOTB part 3...? But maybe they only written the album in Paris without recording it - they have plenty of time (7 months spare time) to do that. TBOS album was written and recorded for 3 months (if I'm not mistaken), so that shouldn't take a lot of time.

Last edited:

Maybe they wrote and recorded the album during those 2 months in Paris - who knows.... (were they really 2 months ?) and probably now they have some mixing work to be done and Rod prepares the actual release of the album.

Otherwise, why you will wait 1 year to release the (already written and recorded) album. Probably because of the LOTB part 3...? But maybe they only written the album in Paris without recording it - they have plenty of time (7 months spare time) to do that. TBOS album was written and recorded for 3 months (if I'm not mistaken), so that shouldn't take a lot of time.

Easy the Legacy tour is such a success lets drag it on for more profits and squeeze it as much as possible before releasing a new album. And Maiden dont gather for months of writing they all come into the studio with there ideas work it through and hit record :D

Maybe they wrote and recorded the album during those 2 months in Paris - who knows.... (were they really 2 months ?) and probably now they have some mixing work to be done and Rod prepares the actual release of the album.

We know that KS arrived March 2nd and a fan met some of the guys at the studio on May 15th.

Apparently Kevin told him they were just finishing up mixes at that point. The band tend to work pretty quick these days.

We know that KS arrived March 2nd and a fan met some of the guys at the studio on May 15th.

Apparently Kevin told him they were just finishing up mixes at that point. The band tend to work pretty quick these days.

I know that. But why you will wait 1 year to release a already written and recorded album. The only logical explanation is: because of the LOTB part 3.

''There's more to this, I'm on the brink''....

Was speaking to a friend in Facebook his wife is friends with adrians guitar tech, according to him she was told the album is very much done and was recorded during those months in Paris. So they are 100% holding it off in favor of a legacy leg 3 but the album will be out next year

I think it's more to do with waiting for the band's 40th anniversary of their debut album. That's coming next year and would be a HUGE boost to sales/popularity to ring in the new album on the back of that anniversary. And because said anniversary is a ways off, might as well do a 3rd leg of the tour. It keeps their name in the spotlight until they drop the new album. It's win/win and great business.

I think it's more to do with waiting for the band's 40th anniversary of their debut album. That's coming next year and would be a HUGE boost to sales/popularity to ring in the new album on the back of that anniversary. And because said anniversary is a ways off, might as well do a 3rd leg of the tour. It keeps their name in the spotlight until they drop the new album. It's win/win and great business.
It should be a 40th anniversary of the debut album tour then. Full album in its entirety with Dennis Stratton and Paul di'Anno making guest appearances.

It should be a 40th anniversary of the debut album tour then. Full album in its entirety with Dennis Stratton and Paul di'Anno making guest appearances.
While that's unlikely, there's nothing to say they won't do that either. My hope is that they use the momentum going into 2021 to finally release part 4 of the history series. But most people except for more loyal/die hard fans don't know/remember who Di'Anno is (who is in poor health at the moment) or Dennis Stratton either. It won't mean as much to anyone that isn't a hard core fan. Nor would Rod take a risk of having Paul on stage making an ass of himself and fucking up the vibe. I dunno. There's lots of "they should do this" but our opinions don't matter. I'm only stating what the evidence points to, what little we have.

I believe the plan was to put the album out this year and the newly released dates would have originally been planned for support of album 17, but decided to cash in on Legacy for one more leg instead. Recording an album and delaying it a year isnt really a big deal its not as tho the album is going to sound dated when they eventually release it. Im fine with a September release next year and a new tour in 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back