Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

That was a good read. For the most interesting bit was this:

just how long can Maiden keep going?

Dickinson ponders this thoughtfully: “I don’t know. For at least the next five years, anyway. In 2008, when we’re planning to take out the ‘Powerslave’ stage set again, I’ll be 50. And I’m the baby of the band. By the time I’m 55, Nicko will be 60. And you have to ask whether we’ll still want to tour. I’m not saying that we wouldn’t carry on recording, but… for me, the bottom line has to be that we’ll stop the moment all of us realise that we can’t maintain our own high standards. To do anything else would be to compromise – and that’s not the Maiden way.”
I know Steve has mentioned just becoming a studio band after retiring from touring, but maybe if Bruce is interested too there's more chance it would actually happen.

I know Steve has mentioned just becoming a studio band after retiring from touring, but maybe if Bruce is interested too there's more chance it would actually happen.
And the best thing about that would be that Maiden could record and release an album every single year or every couple of years instead of every 5 o 6 years as they're doing since AMOLAD. :cool:

Today recording new albums so often is too expensive, especially with poor sales.
Depends on the studio. With modern DAWs and computers it has never been as cheap as it is today to record and produce entire albums. Adrian at the very least has experience fiddling around and recording stuff on a laptop/computer, so the others could do it as well. Not that I think that they will, but they could.

Wow. I mean, for a band like Maiden, this would be a big surprise. Bruce did it in 2005, and the interview is from 2006. I hope it won't affect the next possible album, their future plans. And I kind of doubt they'd release albums more often that way, although who knows.

Wow. I mean, for a band like Maiden, this would be a big surprise. Bruce did it in 2005, and the interview is from 2006. I hope it won't affect the next possible album, their future plans. And I kind of doubt they'd release albums more often that way, although who knows.
I don't know what will they do in the future but next year should be something really interesting. If not, it'd mean they are fading out, their management for sure.

I have said this before but I think SBIT at the time was intended to be their last major world tour maybe with some smaller scale tours or just making albums after. I don’t think they anticipated it being such a success and probably didn’t expect to have longevity as a touring force for 15+ additional years. AMOLAD seemed to give them a creative boost as well.

The situation is a bit different now as they’re all older and may want to slow down at a similar time. I don’t think the studio only Maiden is ever going to happen at this point since they have toured well beyond the amount of time they probably expected to. Also never mind the fact that they had the opportunity to be a studio band for a couple years by releasing Senjutsu in 2020 and then going to work immediately on a follow up. I just don’t think the interest is there.

Today recording new albums so often is too expensive, especially with poor sales.
Auto-production becomes a new trend nowadays. You can use Pro-Tools, which is not so expensive and some cheap mixing desk and you can have a good sound. There is an example in France : the band Crystal Throne have a nice production on its first album, just give an ear on it.

I have said this before but I think SBIT at the time was intended to be their last major world tour maybe with some smaller scale tours or just making albums after. I don’t think they anticipated it being such a success and probably didn’t expect to have longevity as a touring force for 15+ additional years. AMOLAD seemed to give them a creative boost as well.

The situation is a bit different now as they’re all older and may want to slow down at a similar time. I don’t think the studio only Maiden is ever going to happen at this point since they have toured well beyond the amount of time they probably expected to. Also never mind the fact that they had the opportunity to be a studio band for a couple years by releasing Senjutsu in 2020 and then going to work immediately on a follow up. I just don’t think the interest is there.
You have a point about SBIT tour and the creative boost from AMOLAD, and in terms of the scale of a tour, but the situation is different now (and was in 2019 after the recordings of SJ). The touring is everything for a band, but no interest for more new music?? Creating music is their life. And the merch will continue. The band lacked a creative drive only in 2011-2014 and 2007 imo.

Last edited:
Today merch and beers are more important than the music. BTW there's no proposition of Powerslave anniversary shirts. Probably Piece of Mind merch line wasn't a success.
You have a point about SBIT tour and the creative boost from AMOLAD, and in terms of the scale of a tour, but the situation is different now (and was in 2019 after the recordings of SJ). The touring is everything for the band, but no interest for more new music??
The band lacked a creative drive only in 2011-2014 and 2007 imo.

Back