Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Re: Final Frontier review in Kerrang request

I read it in Smiths today, (WH, not Adrian's gaff), and it wasn't very enlightening. Gave the whole plot of WTWWB away and also said that it outstayed its welcome (in so many words). I haven't bought Kerrap since Alien Ant Farm were on the cover...

cool, thanks.  So WTWWB doesn't sound that interesting to this dude? ...At least the review is not really negative. But man, I think Maiden's days of writing short, speedy songs is over. I wish they would do just one more album with those kind of songs... preferrably their last album.

I don't get it, there was no earthquake in the movie and they didn't poison themselves. Maybe Harris changed the story a bit and that's why it's called "When the Wild Wind Blows"

Mozzle, is it possible to mention where the music fragments of the new album start and end?
In this way I could listen to this without hearing the new music.

If too much work, no prob, I understand.

I went back to find them for you, but realized that The Final Frontier (song) is played in the background of the interview itself.  I'm pretty sure you haven't it yet, and I don't think you want your first time to be with Adrian talking about fishing over top of it. So you're probably going to want to wait.

mozzle said:
and I don't think you want your first time to be with Adrian talking about fishing over top of it. So you're probably going to want to wait.

Indeed, I'll listen next week if it's still up. Thanks for checking! :)

Maiden wins best live act at Germany's Metal Hammer Awards

* Best Album: RAMMSTEIN - "Liebe ist Für alle da"
* Best Debut: STEEL PANTHER - "Feel The Steel"
* Best German Band: BLIND GUARDIAN
* Best International: MOTÖRHEAD
* Best Live Act: IRON MAIDEN
* God Of Riffs: Kerry King (SLAYER)
* Legend: Ronnie James Dio
* Maximum Metal: ANVIL and DORO
* Metal Anthem: BEHEMOTH - "Ov Fire And The Void"
* Up and Coming: ELUVEITIE

Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=144348

MAJOR congrats boys!!!!!! And of course "Legend" is very well deserved. :goodbye:

Re: Maiden wins best live act at Germany's Metal Hammer Awards

Congratulations Maiden! They definitely put on a hell of a show live, well deserved award.

Yes, for sure!
If you don't congratulate Maiden on this, you better have a VERY good reason why! Metal Hammer is a HUGE metal magazine so I consider this a HUGE deal.

If Maiden were here, I'd tell them congratulations. They're not here, and they likely never have been.

Iron Maiden winning an award for best live act is like Jesus winning an award for most popular martyr.

LooseCannon said:
If Maiden were here, I'd tell them congratulations. They're not here, and they likely never have been.

This.  Same for wishing any band member a happy birthday on a messageboard.  It's posting to be seen.  Dumb.

German Metal Hammer is a really crappy magazine, so I don't really care what awards they give out.

Back