Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

in summary, he says that the second shield has the Stratego figure, so they may play Stratego in the new leg of Future Past Tour. (change it maybe with death of the celts)

a bigger theory is: Eddie is holding a shield with a whole new figure other than the other soldiers who are holding single arts from the past.

so he says that maiden is maybe teasing sth about Medusa. a song? or a new album?.. he connects this theory with Bruce's saying "there are news that will make Greek fans happy" (sth like that).

greek fans will not be happy if they release another song based in greek mythology, greek fans will be happy with alex played in greece.
As for the theories. I don't really care for stratego and i am not reading too much into the new figure.

in summary, he says that the second shield has the Stratego figure, so they may play Stratego in the new leg of Future Past Tour. (change it maybe with death of the celts)

a bigger theory is: Eddie is holding a shield with a whole new figure other than the other soldiers who are holding single arts from the past.

so he says that maiden is maybe teasing sth about Medusa. a song? or a new album?.. he connects this theory with Bruce's saying "there are news that will make Greek fans happy" (sth like that).

and of course thank you for summarizing

That is an Olympic level of stretching. It would involve Maiden writing a new song/album before the future past tour started, creating an artwork with a hidden reference so that they can reveal it later. Not a chance.

It's bad when there so little going on in the Maiden camp that people resort to making things up.

How long till the first show again?

Maybe it could be a new song. But, I don't think so. My opinion is that because of the story of Medusa looking at the mirror, which is killing her, we could have the song "Dream Of Mirrors" replacing "Death Of The Celts". Or, "Deja-Vu" (which is a kind of mirroring in the future). Or another song talking about snakes and serpents ("Be Quick Or Be Dead", "Revelations"). Everything is possible. But, for now, I don't know it's about a brand new song. Unless they've secretly recorded an album (when and where ?) that will be released for band's 50th anniversary next year...

Last edited:
No chance for brand new album in 2025, Bruce told some months ago there's no plan to release Maiden’s new Music next year. Period. If they teasing something at all, the idea could be some setlist changes. And The Medusa - the Eddie on The Evil That Men Do single is pictured as head with snakes, maybe they are going to bring this classic song back on 2024 leg? And, of course - since many weeks Maiden camp is drowned in silence. I hope they're preparing something for next year, something special.

Some people think that EDephant could refer to Hannibal the Carthaginian... If this is a real clue, after the mEDusa Eddie on the shield, maybe we could have a concept album about historical or mythological characters, who knows ? :p

Even if I'm still thinking these posts by the band mean nothing... :D

hmmm interesting theories! is it overreading?
It's just a creative detail because of the theme of the song. And the head is Eddie, although an unseen before one. Next year's tour is at 99% 50 Years celebration, imo, but Bruce mentioned they want to make the fans in Greece happy. Or that was just a normal thing to say.

Back