Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Agreed. From now on, keep personal belief out of these kinds of discussions. No one cares if you are a christian, jew, muslim or whatever, but keep it to yourself because it has absolutely nothing to do with iron maiden!
This isn’t a moderator comment and not our policy. We do have threads for discussing religion/politics/etc in the general discussion sub forum.

For me the majority of songs (co-)written by Steve are vastly superior to a good 80% of songs on TMP. Shadow Of The Gods is the only songs that can go toe to toe with some of Steve's compositions and even then most songs by Steve are winning the comparison (imo of course).

For me the majority of songs (co-)written by Steve are vastly superior to a good 80% of songs on TMP. Shadow Of The Gods is the only songs that can go toe to toe with some of Steve's compositions and even then most songs by Steve are winning the comparison (imo of course).
Not sure I’d compare here. Steve’s composition has the “Maiden sound & trademark”. Hence when other members write, it needs Steve’s seal of approval to see if it would actually fit. Bruce on the other hand writes whatever is in his mind and it sometimes turns out a bit too eccentric. There’s no trademark with Bruce. He writes what he wants.

Not sure I’d compare here. Steve’s composition has the “Maiden sound & trademark”. Hence when other members write, it needs Steve’s seal of approval to see if it would actually fit. Bruce on the other hand writes whatever is in his mind and it sometimes turns out a bit too eccentric. There’s no trademark with Bruce. He writes what he wants.
I'm not judging the music by how Maiden-like it is. I listen to enough music from different genres, as I have no interest in confining my tastes to one particular style. I was directly comparing the compositions on TMP which have absolutely nothing to do with Steve and his "seal of approval" to what Steve himself contributes as a songwriter. And in this case Steve blows Bruce (+ Roy I guess) out of the water.

Last edited:
Anyone who believes in God is by definition NOT an atheist...
Well, my grand-ma always said she was an atheist but she told me she believed there was a "source" that created all and a "bad place" opposed to the source where mean people go after death. And yeah, she was an atheist because she didn't believe in a proper God. :p

Anyone who believes in God is by definition NOT an atheist...
That's not what this column says. ;)

"About three-quarters of U.S. atheists (77%) do not believe in God or a higher power or in a spiritual force of any kind, according to our summer 2023 survey. At the same time, 23% say they do believe in a higher power of some kind, though fewer than 1% of U.S. atheists say they believe in “God as described in the Bible.”"

His Maiden stuff yes, but The Mandrake Project is better than anything British Lion ever did.
Gotta agree to disagree. The British Lion stuff isn't groundbreaking, but it's decent. My issue with that band is that the production on the albums makes everything sound so tame and the vocalist sounds as if he has no strength in his voice (both issues that are eliminated during live performances). TMP on the other hand has a couple of songs I really enjoyed and a whole lot that ranges from disappointing to outright bad (imo of course).

Steve obviously has written the odd bad song here and there, but if I take a look at my least favorite Maiden songs in almost all cases Bruce is involved in some way (ironic, since IESF, EOTC and especially Powerslave are fantastic songs).

That's not what this column says. ;)
The column says “This shows that not all self-described atheists fit the literal definition of ‘atheist,’ which is ‘a person who does not believe in the existence of a god or any gods’.”

Self-described atheism and actual atheism are not the same thing, because a lot of people apparently don’t understand what the word actually means. Just like those “vegetarians” who eat fish and poultry.

Back