Did any of the songs from The Book Of Souls enter your top 10 maiden songs list?

matic22

Ancient Mariner
I just saw this thread in TFF forum so I thought why not replicate it 5 years later.

Anyway EOTC did enter my top ten... It's #3, behind Hallowed and SSOAS and has just overtaken Rime.

It's too hard to tell right now.

Probably a safe bet that Empire is in my top ten, though.

Other contenders are the title track and IESF.

I won't know until I re-rank following the release of album polls, but I'd guess that Empire will be there. TBOS has a chance too.

No, I have only one song in my top ten list that is post '88, and its name is Brighter than a thousand suns.

I don't really understand how it's even possible to have a top ten list! I'm not really capable of ranking 160+ songs in order!

I imagine at least one of EOTC, IESF and TRATB will end up there. Time will tell.

I don't really understand how it's even possible to have a top ten list! I'm not really capable of ranking 160+ songs in order!

This is a list that will change over time. Even the best songs can be "overplayed". Key is not to take it seriously. Just make one for fun.

This is a list that will change over time. Even the best songs can be "overplayed". Key is not to take it seriously. Just make one for fun.

This, but my thoughts remain. I will exchange a ROTAM for a SSOASS but not with a WTWWB. :D

The whole album right now, I love every track. Just blown away by the record. Will have to come back to this when the newness dies down and I start listening to other tracks.

Actually since this leaked it's all I've listened to. About an hour ago, after listening while reading lyrics from the deluxe book, I listened to Dance of Death, The Talisman and The Legacy. Those are some of my other favorites, and to be sure, they still kick ass. Gers has written some badass shit lately.

I imagine BOS, TRATB, IESF, SOTV have the best chance to stick in the top 10.

I like EOTC, don't get me wrong, but it might be my least favorite track on the album. Still a 10/10.

It's funny how I just don't want to listen to anything else! Can't stop listening either. Crazy. I'd say the great unknown will be a top ten. Heck it's # freakin 1 right now . I've listened to it at least 15 times today. Eventually as the hype and newness settles away, great unknown and wtrrd will be there I think.

No, I don't think so. I think the album has 6 strong tracks. An hours worth of really good material. But for me, as of now, nothing is amazing. But there is nothing wrong with being really good. There are songs on here I really love, and will listen to often.

There is a very strong chance that the title track will be in my top 10. I'll probably do a top 50 ranking in a couple months or so, giving a little time for the album to sink in.

It's obviously early but at this very moment I would put EOTC at #1. I think it's that good.

IESF gets into the high teens by merit of how catchy the chorus is alone but I don't think it quite breaks the top 10.

Back