Coronavirus

The new goverment is in the office 6 days now.

They want to activate army send it on streets and completely shut off walking outside of your home (even in nature, alone). Meanwhile they raised their own salaries to the maximum possible sum.

Those people should be self-isolating.
Yeah, the thing is - maybe even 80% of sick people doesn't have symptoms at beginning. That's why everyone should wear a mask - maybe you're feeling ok but still you can spread virus.

My friend has coronavirus. He tried to call medical center, government promised to help with groceries those who are sick and are not hospitalized. Answer? His wife can go shopping because only he is quarantined. Other news? We have a little over 320 patients with corvid but our hospitals already are running low on masks etc. But will government help? Maybe, they promised that on TV while buying over 210 new cars for senators. Of course they choose the most expensive ones. And what about ambulances in Poland? Fun fact - we have one for every 25 000 citizens meaning that we have less ambulances that government limousines.

Yeah, the thing is - maybe even 80% of sick people doesn't have symptoms at beginning. That's why everyone should wear a mask - maybe you're feeling ok but still you can spread virus
The WHO disagrees:

• If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019-nCoV infection.

This type of panicking from low information people is only making the situation worse. People who need masks are unable to get them because of shortages. If you actually care, try to be informed.

Yeah, but WHO also was claiming that this wasn't a pandemic and did a lot of stupid things regarding the coronavirus situation. In this case I rather listen China etc. and they suggest to use masks at all time. But what do they know.

Chinese people often wear masks as part of day-to-day life. It's part of their routine because pollution is so bad in Chinese cities. It doesn't stop you catching the virus though. Note that your eyes and ears are still exposed.

I just a Chinese guy wearing a mask in a shop. He bought two packs of cigarettes which he will have to remove his mask to smoke. He's going to smoke two packets of cigarettes, so what the fuck is the point on wearing a mask anyway?

Masks don't work for the average person. You only need them if you yourself are sick or you deal with a sick person - and then you need to make sure you still take the same precautions.

When you don't know if you are incubating it, the best of all is to wear a mask. The rest of the people should do the same, they are protecting themselves and the rest. The irresponsable people is the rest who don't wear it, because they can have the virus and they don't know it and they are infecting everybody without even being aware of it. That's the problem and that is what is happening actually.

How about this for a scary comparison? China has over 80,000 reported cases and just over 3,200 deaths. Italy has over 40,000 cases and just over 3,400 deaths! I know it's because Italy has a larger population of older people, but it's still insane!

And the US has over 2,500 more cases in LESS than 24 hours!

And some more good news I believe.

Within a week of receiving a blood sample from one of the first U.S. patients to recover from COVID-19, AbCellera, a Canadian therapeutic antibody discovery company, put its rapid pandemic response platform to work, identifying more than 500 unique fully human antibody sequences, the largest panel of anti-SARS-CoV-2 antibodies reported to date.

HOLY FUCK!!!
Up to 14,000 cases in the US! Last night it was about 9,000.

Germany has overtaken Spain in nuber of cases. Despite this there are only 2 people in critical condition.

EDIT: It was an error on the count... They didn't overtake Spain. However, still with 15+ cases, only 2 critical...

Last edited:
While the coronavirus clearly is very dangerious, I'm starting to think its ramifications are going to be even worse. The dismantling of the economy is going to claim a lot of lives, hopes and dreams in the end. There is going to be little money left to spend on reforms etc after all the government spending to curb the economical consequences of the factory shutdowns and the losses of jobs.

Last edited:
Back