Coronavirus

With industries shutting down, its contractors, the event industry and so on, it feels like we are staring down the barrel of a gun, pointed at us by the infamous gunslinger "Mr Depression". This seems to me is even more dangerous. Increasing poverty percentages, 20-40% unemployment etc etc.

Last edited:
Welfare systems - where they exist - are responding. I see some businesses reponding in innovatve ways too. Yes, there's going to massive economic fallout, but there's also work being done to mitigate that.

Increasing poverty percentages, 20-40% unemployment etc etc.

While I agree that we are most likely going to face an economic crisis, I don't think it will go this far. Even Greece didn't hit 30% unemployment at the peak of the Euro Crisis. Mind you, even 20% is a staggering number.

Welfare systems - where they exist - are responding. I see some businesses reponding in innovatve ways too. Yes, there's going to massive economic fallout, but there's also work being done to mitigate that.
You can only print so much money before you end up in a downward spiral. The return per *insert currency relevant to you* spent on support for businesses is very low in any case. If this drags on more than a few weeks we might see a substantial disruption in how our societies function, not just a hefty bill for keeping this afloat for a limited period of time. What if the lockdown keeps on going for a year? I'm extremely concerned.

While I agree that we are most likely going to face an economic crisis, I don't think it will go this far. Even Greece didn't hit 30% unemployment at the peak of the Euro Crisis. Mind you, even 20% is a staggering number.
The global financial crisis was triggered by the banking sector doing shady business and the EMU allowing countries memberships that shouldn't even have been eligible. It was like the global economy hit the emergency brakes real hard. I'm becoming more and more fearful this will be rather like breaking hard and then still hitting a brick wall in high velocity. I hope it is somewhat unsubstiantiated.

I think business and society might need to start doing things in different ways. And Governments might need to manage things differently.
I agree with this - But stopping a train going in full speed does not happen instantly. It takes time and time isn't plentiful. Despairing isn't doing much good anyway, but I feel a bit like a deer in the headlights.

Today in Poland 27yo woman died, now we have 378/6 cases. Optimists are saying that she died because she gave a childbirth two days ago and that has weakened her body.

However interesting is how she was infected. Her mother was in Italy and instead of quarantine herself she went to hospital to visit her daughter. She didn't have symptoms at the time.

All of the sub 30 critical cases, I heard of were those where people were putting even more load on their respiration systems, despite not feeling 100%.

It seems that you should lay down and give your body time if you get infected.

All of the sub 30 critical cases, I heard of were those where people were putting even more load on their respiration systems, despite not feeling 100%.

It seems that you should lay down and give your body time if you get infected.
Yes, also if you never excercised before now is good time to start to boost immunity and overall strength of your body.

Yes, also if you never excercised before now is good time to start to boost immunity and overall strength of your body.

Of course. But if you are not feeling well, there is no need to run 20 kilometers and think "it's only a cold, i'll run it off". It seems that this could have deadly consequences.

You are right. But if everything is ok do yourself a favor and do anything for 30mknuts a day so your body will be ready.

And changing the subject - how your families and friends react to all of this? In my case some of them are calling this just-a-flu but after watching news thankfully they are more cautious. Most of friends in my age (28-35) are isolating themselves but parents etc. are still going out because they are bored.

We told my mother in law that we will do groceries for her - she demanded one bread (and nothing else) everyday just to invite us for coffee. When I told her to prepare list for 4-5 days she went Berserk, and now she's doing everything just not to sit at home even when month ago she didn't wanted to go even to a post office. Wtf.

You are right. But if everything is ok do yourself a favor and do anything for 30mknuts a day so your body will be ready.

And changing the subject - how your families and friends react to all of this? In my case some of them are calling this just-a-flu but after watching news thankfully they are more cautious. Most of friends in my age (28-35) are isolating themselves but parents etc. are still going out because they are bored.

We told my mother in law that we will do groceries for her - she demanded one bread (and nothing else) everyday just to invite us for coffee. When I told her to prepare list for 4-5 days she went Berserk, and now she's doing everything just not to sit at home even when month ago she didn't wanted to go even to a post office. Wtf.

I think it is probably not having the option to go places if you want to makes you want to go places. I have an Aunt I talked to yesterday that was pretty much the same, she does not get out all that much, now that she cannot go out, she wants to travel the world

89940882_642047366620287_5515865342489919488_n.jpg

Back