Bruce Dickinson

I mentioned it in another comment, but what we hear isn't too dissimilar to the way the "just before the dawn" line in Darkest Hour is sung.
I believe it is simply Bruce experimenting a bit more with such styles.
what do u mean by "before the dawn" line? he is singing in his normal style there? did you mean another part?

i think it's more like the "iron in the soul" part, in the song 'machine men' in CW.

i think so many people overread that part in the teaser. he says it on the press release that it's a heavy song with a melody. we heard the heavy part, that's all.

what do u mean by "before the dawn" line? he is singing in his normal style there? did you mean another part?

i think it's more like the "iron in the soul" part, in the song 'machine men' in CW.

i think so many people overread that part in the teaser. he says it on the press release that it's a heavy song with a melody. we heard the heavy part, that's all.
At the end of each chorus on Darkest Hour before the final "The darkest hour" there is always a "just before the dawn" rather low in the mix that is part spoken, part whispered, with a touch of harsh vocals. That's the part I'm talking about.

There are not that many days when you get the news that one of your favorite singers is finally planning to do a solo tour. Actually, I haven't had one (started listening to Maiden shortly after his short solo stint in 2002). And he's promoting his new album, which is finally getting published. And he's promoting it with a couple of silly videos. And some promo shots where he looks like a shrunk wrestler. There were some anagrams in his online playlists, which he also used as a hint for the name of a new single. It's not his problem that a person who wants to find about it will find a way (or at least visit this forum and discover potential leaks). Speaking of leaks, some dates also leaked, but at least I managed to reserve a place to stay in one of the cities where he's playing.

He may be a mastermind of PR, using his super-intelligence to lure us into giving him more money. Then again, he also may be doing this because he really enjoys doing this. I've never heard him boasting about being smart or super-intelligent or modern Renaissance man or some other terms media give him constantly. On the other hand, I've heard him talking about how he likes to tease, build anticipation, playing little mind-games with fans. There is no point in belittling him on something he never said, so I can only speak about "frenzy" that is going on about his album and tour. He succeeded, at least in my part. I haven't thought about shitty situation in the world or personal problems that much. Whole day yesterday, I replayed that YT clip, checked calendar and map of Europe looking at the dates, went to check some other albums I haven't heard in a while.

He growled (did he really or were those effects?), added comic book with the vinyl single, announced festivals. I don't feel shortchanged. Nobody can make me go somewhere I don't want to, nobody can make me buy something I don't have interest for and as for music, well, at least in 2023 there are numerous ways to get yours without spending a penny. Can he disappoint me with it? Sure. Then again, he must've done something right before to make me disappoint now, so again, I'll see that as a win. We'll always have Skunkworks.

Is there something to mock about in this whole release? Of course there is, a lot of it. But I'm not jumping at every opportunity, constantly. I'll make a comment and a joke or two, but I'm going to space it out, with time. Otherwise, it could make me sound like a petty whiner. Which I am sometimes - we all are about the things we like. But it's not going to be the first and only thing I'll say. Of course there will be discussion about the quality of the music and all that goes with it (although the latter takes the main spot sometimes) but I think we're far away from that. So far, we have a title and a tour.

I'm doing Budapest (city I still haven't visited) and "maybe" Zagreb (I bet "maybe" will become "certainly" if Budapest show doesn't end up a catastrophe). I'm getting a new single in a month and new album (probably) next year. There's also comic books, merch, new videos and who knows what else. I'm going to a gig which will have (whatever the setlist is) plenty of songs that I haven't heard live. Plenty of things to look forward to.

I'm good.

I mentioned it in another comment, but what we hear isn't too dissimilar to the way the "just before the dawn" line in Darkest Hour is sung.
I believe it is simply Bruce experimenting a bit more with such styles.
Yes. The difference is that the part in Darkest Hour is whispered and low in the mix. It's also a song that has a big Bruce solo vibe. In the new song it's a noticeable part (like Eternity's outro) and you can't even recognize Bruce. I guess the lyrics will incline for such vocals/effect at the end of the song.

Machine Men's outro is a good comparison.

I think we only heard a small part of the heavy part. I expect a heavy and/but melodic song.
There are not that many days when you get the news that one of your favorite singers is finally planning to do a solo tour. Actually, I haven't had one (started listening to Maiden shortly after his short solo stint in 2002). And he's promoting his new album, which is finally getting published. And he's promoting it with a couple of silly videos. And some promo shots where he looks like a shrunk wrestler. There were some anagrams in his online playlists, which he also used as a hint for the name of a new single. It's not his problem that a person who wants to find about it will find a way (or at least visit this forum and discover potential leaks). Speaking of leaks, some dates also leaked, but at least I managed to reserve a place to stay in one of the cities where he's playing.

He may be a mastermind of PR, using his super-intelligence to lure us into giving him more money. Then again, he also may be doing this because he really enjoys doing this. I've never heard him boasting about being smart or super-intelligent or modern Renaissance man or some other terms media give him constantly. On the other hand, I've heard him talking about how he likes to tease, build anticipation, playing little mind-games with fans. There is no point in belittling him on something he never said, so I can only speak about "frenzy" that is going on about his album and tour. He succeeded, at least in my part. I haven't thought about shitty situation in the world or personal problems that much. Whole day yesterday, I replayed that YT clip, checked calendar and map of Europe looking at the dates, went to check some other albums I haven't heard in a while.

He growled (did he really or were those effects?), added comic book with the vinyl single, announced festivals. I don't feel shortchanged. Nobody can make me go somewhere I don't want to, nobody can make me buy something I don't have interest for and as for music, well, at least in 2023 there are numerous ways to get yours without spending a penny.

Of course there will be discussion about the quality of the music and all that goes with it (although the latter takes the main spot sometimes) but I think we're far away from that. So far, we have a title and a tour.

I'm getting a new single in a month and new album (probably) next year. There's also comic books, merch, new videos and who knows what else. I'm going to a gig which will have (whatever the setlist is) plenty of songs that I haven't heard live. Plenty of things to look forward to.

I'm good.
I agree with all of this.

Wait..... i just read that roy z will be the only guitar ? Come on.... aob and cw were recorded with 2 guitars royz and adrian and on tour too,only changed roy for the guru.
Yeah, I wasn't thrilled to read that either. It was met with as much enthusiasm as Judas Priest's quickly retracted declaration that they were going to tour as a four-piece with just Richie on guitar.

Bruce even added a second guitarist to the "mostly Skunkworks" line-up from his 2002 festival shows because it was obviously necessary for the material, so I'm not sure what he's thinking here.

I will try my best to be in Tilburg!
Now, for the sound sample, very intriguing. I don't expect him to sound like that much, maybe few animalistic noises here and there, perhaps similarly to Portnoy growling here and there with DT?

For the lack of 2nd guitarist on Bruce next tour, it's possible that he will use some special guests, Adrian Smith probably being one of them.

Back