Bruce Dickinson

Happy for everyone who gets to see Bruce on the solo tour. Wasn't holding out much hope that he'd hit the US, but I was lucky enough to see him on his club tour in '97 at the Cabooze in Minneapolis. Fingers crossed he puts out some sort of a live release, since there's a fair chance this might his last solo tour, but we'll see.

This song could even be an TOS song that bruce end up not including in the '05 album.
It's possible. He wrote 20 songs for TOS (and maybe Silver Wings and Broken were also part of them). It will be interesting Bruce to reveal if he used any songs from way back then. He also wrote around 20 songs for the upcoming album (at one point he said he had 17 songs ready, then wrote 2 new songs with Roy in 2022 and then potentially wrote a song called Face In The Mirror very late), and if the album contains 12 songs, then we can say the following:

13 songs for TOS (10 one the album plus Eternal and the 2 ''Best Of'' songs) and assuming 12 songs for TMP (plus/minus Eternity) -> so Bruce has roughly 14/15 songs in his vault! That's great. Unless of course he didn't use some of the 2005 ones for the new album.

So I'm kind of on the fence: When I first heard the clip, my immediate reaction was, "That's Johan Hegg". Next listen, I'm not so sure anymore, then I am again, then not anymore. Any opinions?

Cant see what is wrong with this. When the song came out in its full length, then people will give new conclusions.
As for the lack of a second guitar player I don't mind it for songs written with one guitar part in mind. Could be the case for the new album. It makes me a little bit worried about the older tracks though, but we'll see. If Adrian was part of it, this was the time to announce it IMO. Makes less sense to do it after ticket sale starts, but I'd like to be wrong about this.
^This. TOS is great even with one guitar imo.
Yeah, gimme those monster TCW guitars!
I'm sure we'll hear them.

I really doubt that. I feel that when Maiden slows down (3-5 years from now), we will see a lot more from him if he remains healthy.

We know that Bruce can't sit still plus his commercial flying licence is expired.
I agree. He may find a new hunger for solo music. Especially if the new album is received very well.

Bruce and his occult fantasies. By reading this getting a strong feeling it’s gonna be a dark af album. Can’t wait.
This kind of occult stories are pissing me off a lot. There are a great variety of subjects to talk about and Bruce is still into Crowley and Kardec kind of stories... That really sucks... But, there's a paradox in what is described on Maiden's website and what is written in the link above : on Maiden's website, they are talking about stuff telling the story of identity fights, etc... And on the link above, the illustrators are saying this 12 parts comic will be about occult... These two declarations don't match... It's really strange...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jer
So I'm kind of on the fence: When I first heard the clip, my immediate reaction was, "That's Johan Hegg". Next listen, I'm not so sure anymore, then I am again, then not anymore. Any opinions?
I mentioned it in another comment, but what we hear isn't too dissimilar to the way the "just before the dawn" line in Darkest Hour is sung.
I believe it is simply Bruce experimenting a bit more with such styles.

Back