Bruce Dickinson

OR

Bruce has rejoined the Men In Black and he's wearing sunglasses before using the memory flasher to make us forget all about this circus around the Mandrake Project, because don't have the authorizations needed to know about this Ultra Top Secret thing... :p

The snippet sounds cool. It already feels different than previous albums, but I'm totally open-minded, because it's obviously too little to judge for now. The riff is really cool and I bet the voice changer part is just a small part of the track.

As for the lack of a second guitar player I don't mind it for songs written with one guitar part in mind. Could be the case for the new album. It makes me a little bit worried about the older tracks though, but we'll see. If Adrian was part of it, this was the time to announce it IMO. Makes less sense to do it after ticket sale starts, but I'd like to be wrong about this.

I doubt he will revisit the theme of the song with more songs from the album.

About the themes:

The Mandrake Project is a dark, adult story of power, abuse and a struggle for identity, set against the backdrop of scientific and occult genius.
Created by Bruce Dickinson, scripted by Tony Lee and stunningly illustrated by Staz Johnson for Z2 Comics, the series features 12 episodes that collect into three graphic novels and will be launched in 2024

The album might have 12 songs(?). I hope for at least 14, but that's great too. Wonder if there will be any bonus songs.

A scientific genius? The one from IESF who steals souls?
If eternity should fail demo could end up as a bonus track I think

View attachment 31330

Adrian's name will be announced later. And written at his feet. :ninja:
Based on the way the names are positioned on the image and the spacing creating plenty room below them, I'm starting a completely unfounded rumor that Bruce is actually going to tour with three guitarists and two simply haven't been announced. Finally we'll be able to hear various AoB and TCW tracks with all guitar parts intact live! Share with your friends! It's basically confirmed!

Bruce is trying to do serious musician stuff, British Lion exists because Steve misses being a band who plays pubs. Hell, he might have formed British Lion specifically because he missed playing the Cart & Horses.
I don’t think it ever was Steve's plan to play so small venues/clubs. He started off quite ambitious unless I am mistaken. He tried to fill Rockefeller, or was it John Dee, in Oslo but barely anyone showed up. I think at this stage it's just his stubborness that’s keeping the project alive.

Couple of interesting things about the new teaser:

The riff is in B minor, so it either uses 7 string guitars, or downtuned ones again.

The vocals aren't too dissimilar to what Bruce did on Darkest Hour at the end of the chorus. He played with harsh-ish, spoken vocals on there as well. I think this is just a continuation of that experiment and something that is used for effect. For all we know it might have a story reason, but we'll know more next month.

Couple of interesting things about the new teaser:

The riff is in B minor, so it either uses 7 string guitars, or downtuned ones again.

The vocals aren't too dissimilar to what Bruce did on Darkest Hour at the end of the chorus. He played with harsh-ish, spoken vocals on there as well. I think this is just a continuation of that experiment and something that is used for effect. For all we know it might have a story reason, but we'll know more next month.
It's a 7 string or drop B.

What I like is the 7-string guitar, very low. Something new. Trying to get a Hamburg ticket, and it's great that I'm off work & doing vacation really hard all this week, so nothing would stand against taking part in the presales coming Friday.
I REALLY hope Roy Z is part of his live band in Germany this time. In 1998 I was quite surprised to see some other guy on stage named The Guru instead of Roy.

Last edited:
Back