Bruce Dickinson

I heard the snippet from his not yet released song today.

Just wondering, given how much many Maiden fans panned NPFTD due to Bruce's vocal fry, will they be all upset at this album. Or have they become less precious and more open minded these days?

It says TMP comic book will have 12 episodes. I wonder if the album will have 12 songs representing one for each episode.

And maybe there will be a soundtrack for Bjorn Of The Dead with even more new songs with Bruce. Probably not though.

Bruce will have one of his "business speeches" in Levi (Lapland, Finland) tomorrow and there's been some rumours about a concert date to be announced around it. Another rumours have suggested that Bruce was already booked for Rockfest 2023 (Maiden was on the headliners in 2022), but the whole festival got cancelled, and therefore no concert date for Finland..

So who knows, maybe he'll get a show here, after all, but I'm not holding my breath. Very happy if it actually happens!

And maybe there will be a soundtrack for Bjorn Of The Dead with even more new songs with Bruce. Probably not though.

Well maybe there will be a Our Last Summer (GREAT SONG!) cover, featuring Bruce! :wub: Given that he lives in Paris now and has French partner he might even have a very personal connection with the lyrics. ;)

I can still recall our last summer
I still see it all
Walks along the Seine
Laughing in the rain
Our last summer
Memories that remain

I still see it all
In the tourist jam
Round the Notre Dame
Our last summer

Walking hand in hand
Paris restaurants
Our last summer
Morning croissants
We were living for the day
Worries far away

Our last summer...

Last edited:
Bruce will have one of his "business speeches" in Levi (Lapland, Finland) tomorrow and there's been some rumours about a concert date to be announced around it. Another rumours have suggested that Bruce was already booked for Rockfest 2023 (Maiden was on the headliners in 2022), but the whole festival got cancelled, and therefore no concert date for Finland..

So who knows, maybe he'll get a show here, after all, but I'm not holding my breath. Very happy if it actually happens!

Well maybe here will be a Our Last Summer (GREAT SONG!) cover, featuring Bruce! :wub: Given that he lives in Paris now and has French partner he might even have a very personal connection with the lyrics. ;)

I still see it all
Walks along the Seine
Laughing in the rain
Our last summer
Memories that remain

I still see it all
In the tourist jam
Round the Notre Dame
Our last summer

Walking hand in hand
Paris restaurants
Our last summer
Morning croissants
We were living for the day
Worries far away

Our last summer...
OH WOW! I never knew about that cover! Is there a way to hear it? I tried checking YouTube, but nothing shows.

Levi is three hours away. It's absurd to me that Bruce will be there.

By the way, at a pub in Levi there is a Trooper shirt framed that’s signed by Maiden members. I still wonder what the story behind it is

"to Paivikki and Mika
Thanks so much for
making us all so welcome
in your home
Cheers!"

Just wondering, given how much many Maiden fans panned NPFTD due to Bruce's vocal fry, will they be all upset at this album. Or have they become less precious and more open minded these days?
This is so different from his early 90's vocals. He won't sing (have such voice effects) like that on the album. I'm sure it will be only for this song, probably a small part of it like an outro.

Ever since TCW album, Bruce said he surprisingly likes to use his ''heavier voice''. And he doesn't need such voice effects, especially with his current voice, but tbh the repeating title of the song (along with the pure metal melodic riff under it; I already love it) is quite catchy.

I guess he wanted a bit more experimentation for this album, hence Eternity's oturo vocals. I expect a very varied album.

The riff on the Afterglow Of Ragnarok's sample (especially the second part of it) reminds me of one of the riffs in Rime Of The Ancient Mariner.

Back