Bruce Dickinson

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
Those are painful.

But to defend Bruce a little in this discussion, at least he is able to replicate his studio work in a live setting, while Rob Halford sounds like a different person live. If you polish your singing to the point that you can't do it justice live it just seems wrong to me.
He does? I've thought he has sounded like himself every time I've seen them, aside for in 2008-2009 when his voice was shot.

I choose polished sounding record. Even vocals may be slightly tweaked for album to sound great. I don't want rough and 'live in the studio' record. Studio record is exactly a studio record. Some magic is good and welcomed as long you don't hear auto-tuned vocals etc.
Me too, but not ''tweaked'' vocals, only harmony vocals. But kudos to Rob for his studio work and not only. Bruce stopped paying that much attention to studio time since 2010. And I don't want to compare his and Rob's vocals because of the different songs and voices, both aged great for me, but it's a fact that Bruce sounds better live on some/most recent songs. Like with the new material. He just needs to do more takes. With Rob, it's the opposite. Also, a big contrast with his 2014 studio vocals and for the latest album. After all, Maiden have always been a ''live band'' in a way.

In other news, the comics issue #3 is out today and I guess Bruce hasn't promoted that aspect of the album much because he's been busy with the tour. I guess the live video will be released next year?

In other news, the comics issue #3 is out today and I guess Bruce hasn't promoted that aspect of the album much because he's been busy with the tour. I guess the live video will be released next year?
If he does like Maiden does when it comes to live albums, it'll come out sometime after the Mandrake tour is done next year. But, since it seems like he's doing a live video, that in itself is unlike what Maiden's been doing for a good while now, so who knows? Maybe he'll drop it while he's touring with Maiden this Fall as a stopgap to keep interest high in his solo work between legs of the tour.

Obviously both Bruce and Rob can't sing like they used to years ago (nobody does) but they still sound great enough for me to keep buying their records and going to their shows. They are GOAT status.
For me and not a lot of people may agree but I’ve started liking Bruce’s voice a lot more as he ages. Given the radiotherapy and stuff, the guy still packs a punch.

Bruce and Timo Kotipelto backstage at yesterday's show.

Timo: ''I met the legend himself. The man with a unique sound and maybe the best frontman in heavy metal. Bruce rules! I am a long time Iron Maiden fan and meeting Bruce was a dream coming true. Awesome guy! Great pleasure to share the stage with one of my idols!''

Great to see and hear that. It would be cool if Bruce do a guest appearance live with some band. :)

Attachments

• bruce and timo.jpg
    bruce and timo.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 13
So they finally met after the early days. Great to see this. And a surprise given Paul's comments in the past. Bruce is on good terms with both Blaze (they should have taken a photo last year) and Paul.

He still gives the lead single package...lol. Btw, I think Paul should appreciate Eternity's instrumental melodies which are somewhat reminiscent of the first 2 Maiden albums.

Last edited:
So they finally met after the early days. Great to see this. And a surprise given Paul's comments in the past. Bruce is on good terms with both Blaze (they should have taken a photo last year) and Paul.

He still gives the lead single package...lol. Btw, I think Paul should appreciate Eternity's instrumental melodies which are somewhat reminiscent of the first 2 Maiden albums.
I'm stunned that they've never met before. Didn't Samson tour with Maiden once?

Yesterday we have gotten a pretty vanilla setlist, but still a great one. Both of the songs I wanted to hear the most were played (Navigate and Book Of Thel). Bruce nailed Book Of Thel.

Road To Hell closing the main set was great. As much as I love Darkside Of Aquarius, I think Road To Hell is an easier song for Bruce minus the chorus. The crowd was great and into it. Loved it in there.

The only downside was that we only got a 15-song set, since Jerusalem wasn't played. I guess Bruce's solo shows will always be a bit of a lottery. We got a good set, while for example, Hamburg got a great one. On the other hand, Munich got a relatively bad one (14 songs, no Book and no Darkside).

Back