Bruce Dickinson

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
I'm leaning toward the more likely scenario that the comics won't make the 12-issue run. Since Bruce isn't really promoting them, he might know by now the comic side of things is dead in the water.

It's hard to say if the comics are selling well enough or not. Nobody seems to be talking about them online, and I'm not even seeing ads from the publisher promoting them. As far as I'm seeing, all the Bruce fans are talking about is the album and the tour. But, other people might be seeing some talk of the comics on their various feeds, so my testimony is far from ironclad as far as the book's sales and visibility.
Bruce should know he is excellent at writing, recording and singing music, and storytelling as well, but he will never be a excellent author or comic book writer. The comic project will never be a success just because he is a famous musician.

If only music artists could still make money making records, outside of Taylor Swift...
Well, there are different ways to make money as an established artist in 2024. Taylor for example has been rather aggressive about releasing multiple variants of her albums with different packaging and exclusive bonus tracks and a large part of her fandom is eating it up. I'm not the biggest fan of stuff like that to be honest.

I'm sure at some point during this decade we'll see vault footage of older tours being released. They have a treasure trove and I can't imagine that they won't capitalize on that once they retire from touring.

Why would they? My band would make as many beers and comic books as we wanted if we had the means to. It would be great fun.
It was a joke on your remark that the "beer thing was funny the first 500 times". Also, it's a matter of taste. Personally I find it quite tacky, but that's just me.

Mildly interesting but the singer from 90s alternative rock band Catherine Wheel, Rob Dickinson, is apparently cousin of Bruce Dickinson? Might be old news but I never knew that. I wonder how much if any of Rob's success with Catherine Wheel swayed Bruce into doing his more alternative solo stuff.

Last edited:
It was a joke on your remark that the "beer thing was funny the first 500 times". Also, it's a matter of taste. Personally I find it quite tacky, but that's just me.
There's alot of tacky musicians out there then.

I found it refreshing (no pun intended) back in 2013, with Bruce being involved in the creative process. Since then, I think the whole thing has turned out to be another "let's put Eddie on a label" marketing stunt.

I mean, yeah? Unironically so. It's just not my thing.
Too each his own. I genuinely like Trooper Ale, but it's impossible to find where I live anymore (I won't go to the trouble of trying to have it shipped). The Brewdog IPA I tried (it's made Stateside), didn't really like as IPAs are not my thing. I would like to try some of the others if I ever find them in the wild.

Back