Bruce Dickinson

I’ll wrap it up by saying this: if you’re a fan of Bruce Dickinson, there is no shortage of Bruce Dickinson to be had here. The man still has perfect control over his powerful signature voice after all these years, which is very impressive given how long he’s been around and how hard he’s gone the entire time. The lyrics and the imagery are on point, painting vivid pictures and telling grand, epic stories with every song as only Bruce can.

The problem is, all of that vibrant imagery and the voice of a bona fide legend feel like wasted potential when paired with music that sounds like it belongs in a commercial for a pickup truck.

LaughingBaby.gif

He just played Faith from Skunkworks album! Wow!
More setlist variations, yes. And another song in rotation for the 3rd spot in the set.
I expected a different song to be debuted first from Skunkworks (Edge, Innerspace) - but Faith has such a great chorus. A tricky one for live performances. One of the best songs from the album for sure. With its riff and solos, I think it's like a bridge between his first 3 solo albums and the following solo albums.

I hope Bruce will play more different stuff from this album, the first 3 from the debut, more from AOB and especially from TOS. I really hope so.
... and
"All the Young Dudes"
as an encore!
Now that's a very unexpected one (especially from its album). I don't care for it, but at least it didn't replace any of the songs and the setlist was 17 songs.
Two covers in the setlist? Why...
This must be the first show by Bruce since probably Skunkworks tour, where all of his albums are represented in the setlist.
Since the 2002 tour.

Back