Adrian, Janick and Dave's guitars and Steve's basses

958C4310-3202-4975-BC10-55511BBF25EC.jpeg
He did have a 70's strat and this pickguard ended on it.

See Sanctuary. But this guitar has a rosewood fingerboard.

Interesting- never noticed this guitar before. Looks like it has uncovered black humbuckers and I can’t make out if the bridge pickup is angles or not.

If anyone has a hi-res pic of the sunburst Strat with Roland system on from AMOLAD tour, you can exactly see why nobody goes with on board MIDI any more.

If anyone has a hi-res pic of the sunburst Strat with Roland system on from AMOLAD tour, you can exactly see why nobody goes with on board MIDI any more.
Actually, both Sunburst HSS Strats had MIDI pickups installed in 2006. Also #2 Sunburst Strat had a peace sign sticker on the arm contour for a very short time. #2 Sunburst STrat is now H's house guitar in Gerrard's Cross.

My point is they didn't have them installed, they had them mounted on. Look at that Jackson and routing and control hell in woodwork.

My point is they didn't have them installed, they had them mounted on. Look at that Jackson and routing and control hell in woodwork.

I'm still baffled by the selector switch placement. Doesn't seem that awkward, but it really shows how much they must've carved out.

^ I would presume :

Three low pots are volume control for each of the 3 magnetic pickups
The upper pots are speed, max. velocity and a third MIDI transcription parameter.
The little switch is divided pickup (MIDI pickup) on and off.
The side pot is the MIDI volume
The side switch is usual 5 way for three normal (magnetic) pickups

^ I would presume :

Three low pots are volume control for each of the 3 magnetic pickups
The upper pots are speed, max. velocity and a third MIDI transcription parameter.
The little switch is divided pickup (MIDI pickup) on and off.
The side pot is the MIDI volume
The side switch is usual 5 way for three normal (magnetic) pickups

The bottom controlls are all for MIDI and are probably directly from GR 707. I think Jackson gutted a Roland and installed the synth into that guitar.

roland-gr-707-roland-.jpg

Well the bottom controls aren't MIDI they are for normal pups on 707. And the upper controls which I would presume are MIDI are labeld like they directly control the synthesis, and not the translation. Very weird control for modern standards...

zwemacx7nl2j3ckhnfaa.jpg

We've discussed this before. They simply took the G-707 electronics & transferred them into Adrian's Jackson for the purposes of touring. He used the controller in the studio as pictures from SiT recording show.

Back