Adrian, Janick and Dave's guitars and Steve's basses

matic22

Ancient Mariner
Makes sense :)

What about this? Kosoff pre black paint, perhaps?
No, because it has a CBS headstock (the big one). But i think that is the Kossoff pickguard. It's possible this is the 70's Strat from Women In Uniform video before itwas refinished and got the black pickguard with 2 PAFs.

Pinkoboe

Prowler
76F6A526-E4D9-4FDB-8E6C-8F19FC1A22EE.jpeg
No, because it has a CBS headstock (the big one). But i think that is the Kossoff pickguard. It's possible this is the 70's Strat from Women In Uniform video before itwas refinished and got the black pickguard with 2 PAFs.
The guitar he played in the Women in Uniform video is the Kossoff strat with black pick guard and PAF style pickups. Dave did not have a black CBS strat.

Pinkoboe

Prowler
Came across this on the internet. I missed the actual auction, but this is the first Dave Murray owned guitar I have seen that was sold off and it looks legitimate.

I am guessing this was the first guitar given to him by ESP prior to the similarly spec'd ice blue model that showed up on the Somewhere on Tour. I have a vague recollection of seeing him with this guitar on stage, but cannot locate any videos or pictures to support that memory.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/esp-custom-strat-1984-japanese-used-1539239119
Found a TV promo video where he appears to be playing this guitar.

A still picture from the above video:

Attachments

Pinkoboe

Prowler
958C4310-3202-4975-BC10-55511BBF25EC.jpeg
He did have a 70's strat and this pickguard ended on it.

See Sanctuary. But this guitar has a rosewood fingerboard.
Interesting- never noticed this guitar before. Looks like it has uncovered black humbuckers and I can’t make out if the bridge pickup is angles or not.

Zare

Automaton Sovietico
If anyone has a hi-res pic of the sunburst Strat with Roland system on from AMOLAD tour, you can exactly see why nobody goes with on board MIDI any more.

matic22

Ancient Mariner
If anyone has a hi-res pic of the sunburst Strat with Roland system on from AMOLAD tour, you can exactly see why nobody goes with on board MIDI any more.
Actually, both Sunburst HSS Strats had MIDI pickups installed in 2006. Also #2 Sunburst Strat had a peace sign sticker on the arm contour for a very short time. #2 Sunburst STrat is now H's house guitar in Gerrard's Cross.