Adrian, Janick and Dave's guitars and Steve's basses

linnane666

Prowler
It's a Fender Custop shop HSH Stratocaster that made it's first appearance when Dave played with Alice Cooper in Hawaii in 2015. 70's headstock is a tribute to Hendrix according to Collin. It used to have a JB/Custom Alternative 8 pickup combo in white during TBOS tour in white, but that was switched with zebra JB/59 before 2016 Prague show.

It's basically an updated version of the Kossoff strat. That is what Collin said about it.

Also this guitar is preceeded by a Mexican prototype with similar spec, because Dave wanted to see if this pickup combo works for him.
Thanks man...im gonna build a copy of this from an old strat I have..does anyone know if Murray has vintage tuners or regular ones on the head?? Any photos online I can't zoom in clear enough!

matic22

Ancient Mariner
Thanks man...im gonna build a copy of this from an old strat I have..does anyone know if Murray has vintage tuners or regular ones on the head?? Any photos online I can't zoom in clear enough!
His Cali strat is vintage tuners. It doesn't matter really, since he has Floyds.

Kalata

Out of the Silent Planet
Dave main guitar during the SSOASS tour was great:
Is that a Fender ?
rtnrtjjrr.jpg

Last edited:

matic22

Ancient Mariner
There is a great picture in the latest F.C. magazine for Sean holding Adrian’s black and white Jackson with the headstock broken off.
Nice.

Mine should arrive this week. Sean probably wasn't pleased. But guitar tech's job also includes putting up with the shitty moods of your boss and the shit they do while unhappy. (unless you work for Dave Murray).

Ruflux

Ancient Mariner
I wonder why he stopped using the Xstroyer, actually. It was a pretty neat guitar, and I think he used it for all of the TBOS tour after he got it but now it's gone again for some reason.

matic22

Ancient Mariner
I wonder why he stopped using the Xstroyer, actually. It was a pretty neat guitar, and I think he used it for all of the TBOS tour after he got it but now it's gone again for some reason.
Dunno. I guess tuning stability. The pointy headstock without a locking nut is pretty shit in this regard.