Adrian, Janick and Dave's guitars and Steve's basses

matic22

Ancient Mariner
It seems Adrian really have (used for warm up) that guitar..... from John McMurtrie (Maiden's photographer since SBIT tour) Instagram ->>>

https://www.instagram.com/johnmcmurtrie666/

View attachment 8131
Please read the whole topic (I think I spoke about this guitar before). This is H's Florida strat. It was used during Running Free in 2011 there and resides in Nicko's house. When H jams with Nicko he uses this guitar (see Nicki's 6pth birthday jam).

Kalata

Out of the Silent Planet
Please read the whole topic (I think I spoke about this guitar before). This is H's Florida strat. It was used during Running Free in 2011 there and resides in Nicko's house. When H jams with Nicko he uses this guitar (see Nicki's 6pth birthday jam).
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Great. I'm really happy that I've found a good picture of Adrian with that guitar. :)

srfc

Ancient Mariner
Just seen this pic. Not sure if it's been added to Dave's list anywhere....

Actually really glad I found this, thought I'd been going crazy, as I was sure I'd seen Dave play an SG somewhere
I think that's from the back of the Killers LP

matic22

Ancient Mariner
Came across another interesting pic.

Steve with a white precision. This can't be the famous blue one, because didn't it start out white and was already black before the first album and blue before NoB?
He did have another white one during Killers/Beast On The Road era. There are some pictures of Michael Kenney dressed as Eddie playing it besides Steve on stage.

But it was either refinished/sold before 1983, because the photo from that year of all of the guitars on the road, doesn't feature any white basses. I think that bass might've become either his blue crackle bass or his red precision bass, since they are both refins.

Edit: Found on the bass forums that the blue crackle was indeed white first.

P.S. The checkerboard bass is a real '59 precision. I think that might've been a reason why he retired it after the 90's. It used to be fiesta red.

Last edited:

Maturin

Sköldpadda
Don't know if it's been noted, but it's a Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS FR Made in Mexico.

KostamojeN

Prowler
Which photo was that, I think I know which one you mean, but not sure.

This is really interesting about Steve's basses - his other precisions have been confusing me a bit - he usef to keep saying he only had one :bigsmile:

Also don't think I've seen that pic of Eddie/ Rod playing a bass.

He did have another white one during Killers/Beast On The Road era. There are some pictures of Michael Kenney dressed as Eddie playing it besides Steve on stage.

But it was either refinished/sold before 1983, because the photo from that year of all of the guitars on the road, doesn't feature any white basses. I think that bass might've become either his blue crackle bass or his red precision bass, since they are both refins.

Edit: Found on the bass forums that the blue crackle was indeed white first.

P.S. The checkerboard bass is a real '59 precision. I think that might've been a reason why he retired it after the 90's. It used to be fiesta red.

matic22

Ancient Mariner
1982. I guess they were playing Tush with Ricky Medlocke (slide guitar) and a few others from Blackfoot. Michael Kenney came on stage dressed as Eddie.

But in contest of this topic, the only thing that matters is that Steve had a backup white P-Bass during Beast On The Road, while his main one was already sparkle blue.

Zare

Automaton Sovietico
Nah m8 that for me looks like 1982 stage. I am, 99% sure it's 1982, so Bruce got that bad pants a year before Piece of Mind. And Clive's drum set is there too even if his face can't be recognized.

Welsh Phantom

Ancient Mariner
Nah m8 that for me looks like 1982 stage. I am, 99% sure it's 1982, so Bruce got that bad pants a year before Piece of Mind. And Clive's drum set is there too even if his face can't be recognized.
Yeah you are probably right. The pants threw me .... reminded me of his spandex in The Trooper video