Adrian, Janick and Dave's guitars and Steve's basses

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by matic22, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Kalata

Kalata Out of the Silent Planet

2. matic22

matic22 Ticketbastard tamer

Please read the whole topic (I think I spoke about this guitar before). This is H's Florida strat. It was used during Running Free in 2011 there and resides in Nicko's house. When H jams with Nicko he uses this guitar (see Nicki's 6pth birthday jam).

3. Kalata

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Great. I'm really happy that I've found a good picture of Adrian with that guitar. :)

4. KostamojeN

KostamojeN Prowler

Just seen this pic. Not sure if it's been added to Dave's list anywhere....

Actually really glad I found this, thought I'd been going crazy, as I was sure I'd seen Dave play an SG somewhere

Attached Files:

5. srfc

srfc Ancient Mariner

I think that's from the back of the Killers LP

Kalata likes this.
  6. Kalata

7. KostamojeN

KostamojeN Prowler

Oooh you're right!

8. KostamojeN

KostamojeN Prowler

Came across another interesting pic.

Steve with a white precision. This can't be the famous blue one, because didn't it start out white and was already black before the first album and blue before NoB?

Attached Files:

Welsh Phantom likes this.
  9. matic22

He did have another white one during Killers/Beast On The Road era. There are some pictures of Michael Kenney dressed as Eddie playing it besides Steve on stage.

But it was either refinished/sold before 1983, because the photo from that year of all of the guitars on the road, doesn't feature any white basses. I think that bass might've become either his blue crackle bass or his red precision bass, since they are both refins.

Edit: Found on the bass forums that the blue crackle was indeed white first.

P.S. The checkerboard bass is a real '59 precision. I think that might've been a reason why he retired it after the 90's. It used to be fiesta red.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  10. Maturin

Maturin Sköldpadda

Don't know if it's been noted, but it's a Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS FR Made in Mexico.

11. KostamojeN

KostamojeN Prowler

Which photo was that, I think I know which one you mean, but not sure.

This is really interesting about Steve's basses - his other precisions have been confusing me a bit - he usef to keep saying he only had one :bigsmile:

Also don't think I've seen that pic of Eddie/ Rod playing a bass.

12. matic22

13. Welsh Phantom

Welsh Phantom Ancient Mariner

Judging by Bruce's trousers, that's 1983? Could be wrong though.

14. mihai

mihai The Prisoner

It's a big ass '82 written on the photo.

15. Welsh Phantom

Doesn't mean a thing. I can pick a photo from google and type that over it and use it as a bootleg cover. :)

16. matic22

1982. I guess they were playing Tush with Ricky Medlocke (slide guitar) and a few others from Blackfoot. Michael Kenney came on stage dressed as Eddie.

But in contest of this topic, the only thing that matters is that Steve had a backup white P-Bass during Beast On The Road, while his main one was already sparkle blue.

17. Zare

Zare sorry Zed

Ugh, you mean you don't know how Beast on the road stage looked like in comparison to World Piece stage?

18. Welsh Phantom

Yeah, but I thought maybe a festival or something.

19. Zare

Zare sorry Zed

Nah m8 that for me looks like 1982 stage. I am, 99% sure it's 1982, so Bruce got that bad pants a year before Piece of Mind. And Clive's drum set is there too even if his face can't be recognized.

20. Welsh Phantom

Yeah you are probably right. The pants threw me .... reminded me of his spandex in The Trooper video