Adrian, Janick and Dave's guitars and Steve's basses

Zare

Automaton Sovietico
My point is they didn't have them installed, they had them mounted on. Look at that Jackson and routing and control hell in woodwork.

Edington

Let's Get Volatile
My point is they didn't have them installed, they had them mounted on. Look at that Jackson and routing and control hell in woodwork.
I'm still baffled by the selector switch placement. Doesn't seem that awkward, but it really shows how much they must've carved out.

Zare

Automaton Sovietico
^ I would presume :

Three low pots are volume control for each of the 3 magnetic pickups
The upper pots are speed, max. velocity and a third MIDI transcription parameter.
The little switch is divided pickup (MIDI pickup) on and off.
The side pot is the MIDI volume
The side switch is usual 5 way for three normal (magnetic) pickups

matic22

Ancient Mariner
^ I would presume :

Three low pots are volume control for each of the 3 magnetic pickups
The upper pots are speed, max. velocity and a third MIDI transcription parameter.
The little switch is divided pickup (MIDI pickup) on and off.
The side pot is the MIDI volume
The side switch is usual 5 way for three normal (magnetic) pickups
The bottom controlls are all for MIDI and are probably directly from GR 707. I think Jackson gutted a Roland and installed the synth into that guitar.

Zare

Automaton Sovietico

Well the bottom controls aren't MIDI they are for normal pups on 707. And the upper controls which I would presume are MIDI are labeld like they directly control the synthesis, and not the translation. Very weird control for modern standards...

We've discussed this before. They simply took the G-707 electronics & transferred them into Adrian's Jackson for the purposes of touring. He used the controller in the studio as pictures from SiT recording show.

matic22

Ancient Mariner
It's very possible that H wanted a master volume, so they placed it behind the bridge. From what I've seen from bootlegs, he is using that pot as a volume control.

mihai

The Prisoner

I'm not sure if that is necessarily a volume control. This video (around 0:28) seems relevant for the purpose of that pot. When switched at maximum level, it appears to activate the guitar tone, while when it is at minimum, the MIDI sound takes control.

As a note, my knowledge on MIDI stuff is close to zero, so the above might be non-sense.

matic22

Ancient Mariner

I'm not sure if that is necessarily a volume control. This video (around 0:28) seems relevant for the purpose of that pot. When switched at maximum level, it appears to activate the guitar tone, while when it is at minimum, the MIDI sound takes control.

As a note, my knowledge on MIDI stuff is close to zero, so the above might be non-sense.
It's the magnetic side master volume. Case solved. MIDI sound is always present, because H is standing on the Hold button on his Synth pedalboard.

So when H solos -> he hits a chord, steps on the Hold button on his synth pedaloard, opens the magnetic volume and solos over synth chord.

mihai

The Prisoner
It's the magnetic side master volume. Case solved. MIDI sound is always present, because H is standing on the Hold button on his Synth pedalboard.

So when H solos -> he hits a chord, steps on the Hold button on his synth pedaloard, opens the magnetic volume and solos over synth chord.
Thanks, that makes sense. This is probably why Adrian did not move around at all.

Pinkoboe

Prowler
N
It looks like an early 80's 1962 reissue whith his standard setup. I think it was used sometimes during World Slavery Tour.
No, that is a real pre-cbs strat. The strat reissues in the 80’s had incorrect narrow spacing of the fret markets at the 12th fret. The guitar he is holding has the 12th fret markers properly lined up and centered under the A and B strings.

The narrow fret markets werenot corrected on the reissues until the late 90’s.

matic22

Ancient Mariner
N

No, that is a real pre-cbs strat. The strat reissues in the 80’s had incorrect narrow spacing of the fret markets at the 12th fret. The guitar he is holding has the 12th fret markers properly lined up and centered under the A and B strings.

The narrow fret markets werenot corrected on the reissues until the late 90’s.
Then it's a 60-63 Strat. Thanks for the info.

matic22

Ancient Mariner
He used 3 Ovations during this tour.

P.S. I already posted this pic. This is where I got the Jackson serials :p.