Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is what it's going to be like, we might want to start to get used to the idea that at least some of us won't ever see Maiden live again.
Indeed. I hate to be negative but the talk of here of them touring in 2022 seems a bit unrealistic. They are aging (Bruce and Nicko especially) and I can't see them touring beyond next year.

I will eat my hat if proven wrong.

I think they can do it for at least 5 years more. imho.
I think they could work and record more songs to make a double album or something special to finnish their career and be ready for the next tour (maybe the last tour)

If this is what it's going to be like, we might want to start to get used to the idea that at least some of us won't ever see Maiden live again.
I hope you're wrong ...
I think they can do it for at least 5 years more. imho.
I hope you're right.

But on the whole I prefer not to think about it too much. I'll happily take whatever we do get, and remain forever grateful that Maiden happened during my lifetime :)

Health issues and pandemics aside I will be extremely surprised if the last tour is not a best of / history one.

Health issues and pandemics aside I will be extremely surprised if the last tour is not a best of / history one.

Agreed.

I think it will be anyway as a "best of" has the right aesthetic for a final tour, but from a purely mathematical point of view they do far more of those tours these days than new album tours.

Hope to see Maiden still live couple times and I guess they might be around for 1-2 tours at least.
They changed my life in the 80's when I was kid and are the most precious thing in my life.
Im forever grateful for the moments, pleasure and feelings they've delivered to me through this whole time. Iron Maiden was always there for me.
But given all the thoughts of aging and such, it would have been ominous to the name the tour as Legacy Of The Beast, it could have been their last tour.
I never thought that it would be the last, but thinking of history tours..LOTB has that sort of unpleasant sound to it, could it be that we've now reached the end of the history-tours? it might be but I hope to see 'Arry, Bruce and fellows few times in concert still.
But, I don't believe that it will be. There will be new album and couple tours, and I agree and hope with the thing Bruce said.
Atleast Iron Maiden won't mess up and loose their plan like Kiss did..even Scorpions is funny, I saw their farewell tour and said goodbye,bang they're still touring and new album is coming and Im not going to se them again.

Anyways, hope to see the news soon about Maiden album #17 and tours and such..

Bruce Dickinson said:
"As far as I'm concerned anyway, I don't see any reason why we should ever retire,"
"We will never die," "Even if we are actually dead, we will still never actually die."

Maiden don't have time on there hands and no one knows that better than them , I would be surprised if 2021 will still be the legacy tour and they delay new music by another year.

Unless they decide to change the mold release the new album this year and incorporate 2 shows Into 1 next year elements of legacy keeping some songs and props and new songs / theme

Maiden don't have time on there hands and no one knows that better than them , I would be surprised if 2021 will still be the legacy tour and they delay new music by another year.

Unless they decide to change the mold release the new album this year and incorporate 2 shows Into 1 next year elements of legacy keeping some songs and props and new songs / theme
I suggested they do that a few pages back, that when live shows return, they blend a new album tour with Legacy 3, and bill it as a hits tour since those do better than album tours. Throw in a handful of new songs to replace the ones that aren't hitting all that well on Legacy (I don't know about anyone else's shows, but FTGGOG, for example, was a little limp in the crowd response department).

The way it's looking, I honestly don't see live shows coming back on the scale they were until 2021 sometime, and some experts are saying Fall of 2021. And I really don't see them replacing Nicko, but you never know. He might insist they carry on without him.

I feel Nicko is the type of person that would insist they continue on without him. But the question is, would the rest of the band members be that kind of person? I know Steve has said a few times in the past, that if any one of them were done, they would all be done.

I can see both sides of the argument, honestly. If Nicko can only play live, say, another 2-3 years, but the other members have a good 5-8+ years left in them, what would they do? It's a hard question with a difficult answer, either way.

Interesting and at the same time a little bit sad to think onwards few years (or more), but I don't see anyone replacing anyone at this point. I believe what Steve has said on the matter.
If they change their minds on this then there's no problem, but I've taken the whole reunion-lineup as the final and absolute lineup anyways.
Difficult question, as I wouldn't nesessarily have any problem if someone fills in for Nicko, but then again I don't see it happening that easily.
Well, what do I know?

Graspop cancelled

It will be interesting if they straight cancel all there European dates or postpone. Cancellations will mean they could be just forgetting legacy all together and moving on, while postponing will mean they have to honor the legacy show

It will be interesting if they straight cancel all there European dates or postpone. Cancellations will mean they could be just forgetting legacy all together and moving on, while postponing will mean they have to honor the legacy show
I'm hoping they move on. It sucks for those who weren't able to see Legacy, but they only have so much time left. Put out a Legacy DVD (if one was filmed) as a small gesture to those who missed out, and start moving toward their new album plans (whatever they indeed might have been).

I'm hoping they move on. It sucks for those who weren't able to see Legacy, but they only have so much time left. Put out a Legacy DVD (if one was filmed) as a small gesture to those who missed out, and start moving toward their new album plans (whatever they indeed might have been).
^^This

Cancellations will mean they could be just forgetting legacy all together and moving on

3wtuaw.jpg

Seriously though, they might really be doing that. Compromise and nice win-win for almost everybody would be if songs like Flight of Icarus and The Clansman are dragged on to the new album tour, but we'll see...

Then again, it might be this as well:

3wu8a3.jpg

EDIT: fixed the text in the meme, botched a little bit and wrote "2012" instead of "2021" first...

Last edited:
View attachment 11757

Seriously though, they might really be doing that. Compromise and nice win-win for almost everybody would be if sutff like Flight of Icarus and The Clansman are dragged on to the new album tour, but we'll see...

Then again, it might be this as well:

View attachment 11759

It could go either way if it was 10 years ago Legacy would surly go into next year but I cant see anyone sitting there saying new album and tour starting 2022 into 2023 this stage of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back