Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you imagine if this had happened before the first leg when everyone thought they were gonna play Alex?

It was truly something to behold. Perhaps, since we now have all the time in the world, it might be interesting to delve into the 2018 tour thread and document ATG Hysteria.

According to a Healthcare advisor concerts may not return until fall 2021
This is the text (from Blabbermouth):

Dr. Ezekiel "Zeke" Emanuel, one of the key architects of the Affordable Care Act and a special adviser to the director general of the World Health Organization, told The New York Timesthat he doesn't anticipate it to be safe to return to concerts, sporting events and other mass public gatherings for another 18 months.

"Restarting the economy has to be done in stages, and it does have to start with more physical distancing at a work site that allows people who are at lower risk to come back," he said. "Certain kinds of construction, or manufacturing or offices, in which you can maintain six-foot distances are more reasonable to start sooner. Larger gatherings — conferences, concerts, sporting events — when people say they're going to reschedule this conference or graduation event for October 2020, I have no idea how they think that's a plausible possibility. I think those things will be the last to return. Realistically we're talking fall 2021 at the earliest. Restaurants where you can space tables out, maybe sooner."

He continued: "In Hong Kong, Singapore and other places, we're seeing resurgences when they open up and allow more activity. It's going to be this roller coaster, up and down. The question is: When it goes up, can we do better testing and contact tracing so that we can focus on particular people and isolate them and not have to reimpose shelter-in-place for everyone as we did before?"

Public health experts have repeatedly expressed their concern that Americans are underestimating how long the coronavirus pandemic will disrupt everyday life in the country.

As the coronavirus disease continues to spread, live event organizers have been canceling or postponing large gatherings, including concerts and festivals.

Dr. Ezekiel "Zeke" Emanuel, one of the key architects of the Affordable Care Act and a special adviser to the director general of the World Health Organization, told The New York Timesthat he doesn't anticipate it to be safe to return to concerts, sporting events and other mass public gatherings for another 18 months.

"Restarting the economy has to be done in stages, and it does have to start with more physical distancing at a work site that allows people who are at lower risk to come back," he said. "Certain kinds of construction, or manufacturing or offices, in which you can maintain six-foot distances are more reasonable to start sooner. Larger gatherings — conferences, concerts, sporting events — when people say they're going to reschedule this conference or graduation event for October 2020, I have no idea how they think that's a plausible possibility. I think those things will be the last to return. Realistically we're talking fall 2021 at the earliest. Restaurants where you can space tables out, maybe sooner."

He continued: "In Hong Kong, Singapore and other places, we're seeing resurgences when they open up and allow more activity. It's going to be this roller coaster, up and down. The question is: When it goes up, can we do better testing and contact tracing so that we can focus on particular people and isolate them and not have to reimpose shelter-in-place for everyone as we did before?"

Public health experts have repeatedly expressed their concern that Americans are underestimating how long the coronavirus pandemic will disrupt everyday life in the country.

As the coronavirus disease continues to spread, live event organizers have been canceling or postponing large gatherings, including concerts and festivals.

No football and no music make Homer something something.

This was supposed to be the biggest concert year ever for me, and it's clearly not happening at this point, but all concerts canceled until fall 2021? Good lord...

That is only one persons opinion I really cant see that happening. Cancel 2020 sure but next year will be business as usual I think

I feel that might be worst case scenario, but I'm sure Dr. Emanuel knows more than any of us about this stuff. It's also very dependent on a vaccine. Fingers crossed we can have some shows later in the year though. I'm supposed to be seeing Helloween, Epica and Nightwish.

Does anybody know how Maidens crew are paid? Is it by the gig or are they on retainer when they are off the road? Are the guys freelance or Maiden employees?

If this is what it's going to be like, we might want to start to get used to the idea that at least some of us won't ever see Maiden live again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back