9- Killers
10- Dance of Death
11- The X Factor
12- Iron Maiden
13- The Final Frontier
14- Fear of the Dark
15- No Prayer for the Dying
16- Virtual XI

This is my list but it could change every week.

The Final Frontier
Powerslave
Piece of Mind
Brave New World
Dance of Death
The Book of Souls
Somewhere in Time
A Matter of Life and Death
No Prayer for the Dying
The Number of the Beast
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Iron Maiden
Killers
Fear of the Dark
The X Factor
Virtual XI

The Final Frontier
Powerslave
Piece of Mind
Brave New World
Dance of Death
The Book of Souls
Somewhere in Time
No Prayer for the Dying
The Number of the Beast
Iron Maiden
Killers
Fear of the Dark
The X Factor
Virtual XI
Woah, TFF is your favourite? I thought this thread was going off track but that is controversial. And I actually like it too!

The Final Frontier
Powerslave
Piece of Mind
Brave New World
Dance of Death
The Book of Souls
Somewhere in Time
No Prayer for the Dying
The Number of the Beast
Iron Maiden
Killers
Fear of the Dark
The X Factor
Virtual XI
Woah, TFF is your favourite? I thought this thread was going off track but that is controversial. And I actually like it too!
Indeed. :bigsurprise:

Plus, Seventh Son... being that low...

Indeed. :bigsurprise:

Plus, Seventh Son... being that low...
The Final Frontier is something quite special, Actually I thought AMOLAD was very special but then Final Frontier came along and blew it out of the water. There are a few things I don't like about the album. I don't like satallite 15 so I have removed that part of the song. I don't like the layering on Bruce's voice in the Final Frontier, (but I like that song as a whole, although I actually like Jorn's version better). I don't like the intro to The Talisman so I have removed that part of the song. And I think the man who would be king is a very flawed song.
But otherwise, Starblind is my second favourite IM song. Love the Talisman (without the intro), and the alchemist, love When the wild wind blows, Coming Home, The alchemist are great songs. The albums AMOLAD and TFF and Book of Souls go away from the old tired formula, I think it makes Maiden fresh and vastly more interesting. I'm not a fan of short straight forward rockers, not from Maiden, they have too much talent to put out simple things.
With regards to Seventh Son, I'm not a fan of the Seventh Son song, nor the Only the good die young song. Infinite Dreams is one of my all time favourites and I like the Clairvoyant but the rest of the songs just don't standout in the IM catalogue. As a whole the album is very good. But not as good as those others I have ranked above it.

BTW, it is hard listing albums in an order, ask me again in a week and my ranking would likely differ somewhat, except those bottom 3 aren't likely to move up.

Last edited:
TFF's vocal doubling is such a strange thing. It's just some harmonizer, but it's clearly off-key using some interval that doesn't harmonize at all and it just sounds bad. Weird stuff.

TFF's vocal doubling is such a strange thing. It's just some harmonizer, but it's clearly off-key using some interval that doesn't harmonize at all and it just sounds bad. Weird stuff.
You're talking about the title track, right? I really like the vocal doubling myself. I think it makes a good song even better.

Dance of Death artwork is a masterpiece and they never released a bad one among all of their albums/singles.

I don't find Cannibal Corpse's banned covers any more explicit than The X-Factor.

I don't like satallite 15 so I have removed that part of the song.
"Satellite 15" is a highlight on the album for me. As far as I'm concerned, it's the most different thing on the album, and possibly on all of Maiden's catalog. Excelent (and surprising) intro, terribly underrated.
With regards to Seventh Son, I'm not a fan of the Seventh Son song, nor the Only the good die young song.
Those are the two best songs on the album for me, and both are in my Top 10 (as you can see right down here, in my sig).

"Satellite 15" is a highlight on the album for me. As far as I'm concerned, it's the most different thing on the album, and possibly on all of Maiden's catalog. Excelent (and surprising) intro, terribly underrated.
I agree. Very weird, but it flows right into the main song and I wouldn't want to listen to one without the other.

I agree. Very weird, but it flows right into the main song and I wouldn't want to listen to one without the other.

While I agree, I still think it's a bit underwhelming and not that interesting. It's not BAD, but for a eight minute thing, S15 and TFF itself feel a bit too dragging and not that much really happens. Not a bad song, but - in my opinion - on the weaker side of Maiden songs, let alone openers.

It would be interesting to hear how Satellite 15 would have evolved had Steve not picked it to the album as it is. :D I mean, it's basically rather raw demo by Adrian. Not a bad one and I like atmosphere it builds, but I always felt that it doesn't quite live up to what it could be. Maybe the production plays some part here as well, but somehow I'd expect something called Satellite 15... The Final Frontier to be just a bit more majestic. :D I really like the transistion between the S15 part and the main song though!

Those are the two best songs on the album for me, and both are in my Top 10 (as you can see right down here, in my sig).
Your top 10 isn't too bad (in my opinion). Irate half of them very, very highly. Especially the red and black and phantom, and starblind. So we have that in common.

Alexander the Great
The Red and the Black
Phantom of the Opera
When the Wild Wind Blows
Starblind

I really like the transistion between the S15 part and the main song though!
I think the intro that Jorn did on his version is much better. It's shorter. The IM version is much to long for what it is. I wouldn't have cut off Jorn's intro. But the IM intro, well if it were on the song and I couldn't cut it off, I probably wouldn't listen to the song.
Listening to Jorn's version has certainly given me a new perspective of the song. I like the maiden version much more now than I did before.

I really like the Steven Battelle cover of red and black, it is fantastic too.

Alexander the Great is overrated because it has never been played, it is a great tune but far from the masterpiece many fans say it is. But the fact it has never been played is the reason we always discuss about the song.

Alexander the Great is overrated because it has never been played, it is a great tune but far from the masterpiece many fans say it is. But the fact it has never been played is the reason we always discuss about the song.

Plus the mid section is unlike anything they did before, or have done since. Without the mid section I don't think ATG would be considered that special.
But the mid section IS there, and I love it ;)

Back