Your Maiden blasphemy

Number 6

Ancient Mariner
Alexander The Great is spoken about a lot because it's yet another perfect Maiden song.
This. A lot of people talk about the textbook-style lyrics as if they were a bad thing about the song, but I think they only add to it. They make the song more original than it would already be with different lyrics.

Diesel 11

As you scream into the web of silence...
This. A lot of people talk about the textbook-style lyrics as if they were a bad thing about the song, but I think they only add to it. They make the song more original than it would already be with different lyrics.
Exactly!

I'll play:

Maiden's BEST "wooah-oooh-ohhh" chant is in Heaven Can Wait. BY FAR!!

(Is there a best "wooah" chant thread? It'd be a really good topic. Yeah.)
Okay so Maiden have a lot of good ones, and I wouldn't wanna cement it for myself - but yes. It's the best part of the song (though I love the whole thing).

Black Bart

Ancient Mariner
Opinions I guess. It doesn't feel that way to me. In fact, I find TMWWBK pretty weak.
Actually, it is difficult to speak about subjectivity when it comes to compositional elements, structures, rhythm change etc... but it doesn't alter the fact that I find TMWWBK clearly not as good as ATG too, to say the least. ;)

Jer

Yes, Yes, Another Beer!
I think "Bring Your Daughter...To The Slaughter" is a fairly decent song. Nowhere near the worst on NPFTD.

Besides, think of how much worse it could have been -- what if Maiden had decided to record their own version of "Dive! Dive! Dive!" or "Lickin' The Gun" instead...?

MrKnickerbocker

clap hands
I think "Bring Your Daughter...To The Slaughter" is a fairly decent song. Nowhere near the worst on NPFTD.

Besides, think of how much worse it could have been -- what if Maiden had decided to record their own version of "Dive! Dive! Dive!" or "Lickin' The Gun" instead...?

I completely agree. It's easily one of the highlights from NPFTD.