Your Maiden blasphemy

Killers have a bad running order indeed, but I love the intro to Murder in the rue morgue, it would have fitted perfect as the first song on side B. And the title track should have been on the A side.

Empire of The Clouds would be twice as good if trimmed to half. All instrumental parts are too long.

Same goes with almost all TBOS songs. The album could fit in one CD easily without losing anything important.

It is still good as it is.

Last edited:
Empire of The Clouds would be twice as good if trimmed to half. All instrumental parts are too long.

Same goes with almost all TBOS songs. The album could fit in one CD easily without losing anything important.

It is still good as it is.

The ballad part of Empire of the Clouds, before the instrumental is one of my favourite Maiden moments and Bruce does an amazing performance.

But the instrumental part, when the song gets heavier, is just too repetitive and I think the transition from ballad to instrumental is too abrupt and would have needed more development.

In conclusion it ends up being a solid track but I get the impression that it could have been even more amazing, can't help but feeling that it had the potential to be one of Maiden greatest songs ever and it couldn't be even if it is a great song.

Just my opinion.

I don't think I've mentioned this before, but The Final Frontier is my third least favorite Maiden album, only surpassed by Virtual XI (#1) and Killers (#2).

I actually kinda like Blaze's performance on The Evil That Men Do. I've understood that many find that he really ruined it, but I think he handles the song and it's feeling pretty well.

Alright, the chorus doesn't work that well, so it's a little letdown after the verses that sound pretty good. I think that a bit slower, heavier version, something like what they did on Maiden England tour, would have worked very well with Blaze. Tuning it just a bit lower could have done the trick too.

Anyway, I think Blaze does fairly good job here! The Clairvoyant wasn't too bad either.

I don't think I've mentioned this before, but The Final Frontier is my third least favorite Maiden album, only surpassed by Virtual XI (#1) and Killers (#2).
Yeah, The Final Frontier is in my bottom three as well. Probably second least favorite because the debut is a pretty decent debut when all's said and done.

If I were to list my favorite Maiden albums, I think it might go something like this:
  1. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
  2. Powerslave
  3. A Matter of Life and Death
  4. Piece of Mind
  5. Somewhere In Time
  6. The Book of Souls
  7. The Number of the Beast
  8. Brave New World
  9. The X Factor
  10. Dance of Death
  11. Fear of the Dark
  12. Iron Maiden
  13. No Prayer For the Dying
  14. The Final Frontier
  15. Killers
  16. Virtual XI
Not sure if there's something truly blasphemous in there (outside from what I've already mentioned :D), you tell me. Also, while I'm at it, I'd really like to know your favorites, if you guys would tell me.

It's tough, but I think my list (currently) is something like...
  1. Powerslave
  2. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
  3. The X Factor
  4. Somewhere In Time
  5. The Book of Souls
  6. Dance of Death
  7. Fear of the Dark
  8. Virtual XI
  9. Brave New World
  10. A Matter of Life and Death
  11. The Number of the Beast
  12. Piece of Mind
  13. No Prayer for the Dying
  14. Iron Maiden
  15. The Final Frontier
  16. Killers
Nothing except for 14, 15, and 16 dips below a 9/10 overall though. My list changes very frequently.

Mine would probably be:

1. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
2. Powerslave
3. A Matter Of Life And Death
4. Somewhere In Time
5. The Number Of The Beast
6. Piece Of Mind
7. No Prayer For The Dying
8. Brave New World
9. Killers
10. Dance Of Death
11. The Book Of Souls
12. The Final Frontier
13. Iron Maiden
14. The X Factor
15. Fear Of The Dark
16. Virtual XI

It's tough, but I think my list (currently) is something like...
  1. Powerslave
  2. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
  3. The X Factor
  4. Somewhere In Time
  5. The Book of Souls
  6. Dance of Death
  7. Fear of the Dark
  8. Virtual XI
  9. Brave New World
  10. A Matter of Life and Death
  11. The Number of the Beast
  12. Piece of Mind
  13. No Prayer for the Dying
  14. Iron Maiden
  15. The Final Frontier
  16. Killers
Nothing except for 14, 15, and 16 dips below a 9/10 overall though. My list changes very frequently.
I could have sworn Brave New World was your least favorite, Diesel..

My list does change quite frequently, too, but even my top favorites have at least two 8s. :D

But, to me, an average album rating by song doesn't mean much. An album experience can be perfect therefore it would be a 10 as a whole, but not every song on the record is going to be a 10 (which would make its average rating lower). Also, I could (and did) put an album with a considerably low average song rating ranking higher than one with a high rating, and vice-versa. If I were to list my favorite albums by grade, it would look very different.

Back