Your Maiden blasphemy

Alexander The Great is spoken about a lot because it's yet another perfect Maiden song.
This. A lot of people talk about the textbook-style lyrics as if they were a bad thing about the song, but I think they only add to it. They make the song more original than it would already be with different lyrics.

This. A lot of people talk about the textbook-style lyrics as if they were a bad thing about the song, but I think they only add to it. They make the song more original than it would already be with different lyrics.
Exactly!

I'll play:

Maiden's BEST "wooah-oooh-ohhh" chant is in Heaven Can Wait. BY FAR!!

(Is there a best "wooah" chant thread? It'd be a really good topic. Yeah.)
Okay so Maiden have a lot of good ones, and I wouldn't wanna cement it for myself - but yes. It's the best part of the song (though I love the whole thing).

Opinions I guess. It doesn't feel that way to me. In fact, I find TMWWBK pretty weak.
Actually, it is difficult to speak about subjectivity when it comes to compositional elements, structures, rhythm change etc... but it doesn't alter the fact that I find TMWWBK clearly not as good as ATG too, to say the least. ;)

I think "Bring Your Daughter...To The Slaughter" is a fairly decent song. Nowhere near the worst on NPFTD.

Besides, think of how much worse it could have been -- what if Maiden had decided to record their own version of "Dive! Dive! Dive!" or "Lickin' The Gun" instead...?

I think "Bring Your Daughter...To The Slaughter" is a fairly decent song. Nowhere near the worst on NPFTD.

Besides, think of how much worse it could have been -- what if Maiden had decided to record their own version of "Dive! Dive! Dive!" or "Lickin' The Gun" instead...?

I completely agree. It's easily one of the highlights from NPFTD.

Back