Your Maiden blasphemy

TFF is an overlong and largely boring album. Starblind and Isle of Avalon are perfect examples of songs that are lyrically great, but are simply dreadfully boring to listen to. The X Factor is a very similar album, though it is even more plodding and has less short songs so the issue there is even worse. Both albums have poor production (TFF more so) and rather stilted performances from most of the band. They just sound rather lifeless.

Reactions: Gk1
The reunion albums are way worse than anything the band did up to 1992

If you had said up to 1988 I still wouldn't agree but I think you could have a point anyways.

Now up to 1992? As I said, for me any of the reunion albums beat NPFTD and FOTD easily.
Even TFF which I think is the weakest reunion album is still more consistent and with less fillers than No Prayer and Fear of the Dark.

Anyways,it is just an opinion and for that reason we are in the Blasphemy post.

The Final Frontier is this lineup's worst album, and third worst overall (only surpassed by Killers and their all-time weakest effort yet, Virtual XI).

Blasphemies:
  • I think NPFTD is better than BNW.
  • I think AMOLAD is the band's third best album behind SSOASS and Powerslave.
  • I think FOTD is a pretty bad album with a pretty bad title track.
  • I think "Blood On The World's Hands" is a pretty good song.
  • I think that NOTB and POM are uneven albums.
  • I think Steve is a mediocre songwriter in general, and that Bruce and Adrian are the actual backbone of the band.

Last edited:
  • I think AMOLAD is the band's third best album behind SSOASS and Powerslave.
  • I think "Blood On The World's Hands" is a pretty good song.
  • I think that NOTB and POM are uneven albums.
I can easily agree (particularly with the first two), although Piece of Mind, despite the (rather slight) inconsistency, ranks as high as my fourth favorite Maiden album, while The Number of the Beast ranks sixth.

Adrian Smith is an overrated guitarist (not an overrated songwriter though), and I usually prefer Dave Murray's solos

Adrian's guitar tone is my least favorite of the 3 Maiden guitarists.

Janick Gers is the best rhythm guitarist in the band.

The X Factor is Maiden's 5th best album after Somewhere In Time, Killers, Powerslave, and Piece of Mind.

Here's one that's kind of I dunno, borderline: Montsegur is sorely underrated by both the fans and the band. It's a crime it never got played live and they instead went for the mostly uneventful Journeyman and the VXI like master of repetition No More Lies. The other live picks were good, and Wildest Dreams gets a lot of crap for no good reason. It's perfectly fine as an energetic opener and that's all it needs to really be.

Back