Your Maiden blasphemy

Well, "Fates Warning" kinda is, too. And the chorus, while not great, is still better and less embarassing than "The Assassin"'s. :D

NPFTD and FOTD to me are both Chock full of songs that are very close to being great. I hear great ideas for songs that were rushed and again, lacking the Maiden Polish' that was present in the "golden era" and is on most of the reunion.
Ditch the Dickinson raspy , quirky vocals, and clean up the lazy bits, and these albums could have maintained the string of great albums. Still some fine songs in there though.

I struggled to get into Piece Of Mind for years. It may aswell have been called 'The Trooper... and other songs'. Luckily it grew on me. I will never enjoy DWYBO though

NPFTD and FOTD to me are both Chock full of songs that are very close to being great. I hear great ideas for songs that were rushed and again, lacking the Maiden Polish' that was present in the "golden era" and is on most of the reunion.
Ditch the Dickinson raspy , quirky vocals, and clean up the lazy bits, and these albums could have maintained the string of great albums. Still some fine songs in there though.
No prayer is a fantastic album. I love it. I also love Bruce's voice on that album the raspy verses Ang the golden soaring choruses are a great contrast. The album has great melodies. I love it. The drumming is a bit simple though. Fear of the dark is a bad album though. I do like fear be quick and afraid though.

Is this even a blasphemy? Not that I agree with it (I don't), but isn't it sort of the general consensus here?

Childhood's End is my most listened to track on FoTD, and is a "top 20 of all time" Maiden song for me.

I also enjoy the Apparition quite a bit.

I read a post about "Moonchild" being a clunky track - I actually love it, but its just one of the (only) three tracks that I listen to on SSoaSS regularly (Title Track and Infinite Dreams being the other two)>

I find The Evil That Men Do to be clunky, and The Clairvoyant to be somewhat sloppy. I'd rather listen to the middling "Prophecy" that either of those tracks.

Bruce Dickinson is an amazing vocalist, songwriter, and performer.

But he wasn't a part of 2 of my top 5 Iron Maiden albums, and a 3rd in my top 5 features performances (excellent performances I might add) from him, but not a single songwriting contribution.

Nigel Green's production on The X Factor is better than Martin Birch's on Fear of the Dark

Will Malone had a better ear for a sound mix than Kevin Shirley does.

Not a blasphemy in this forum because most of us are maiden fans to the core but when speaking to the average metalhead I always seem crazy.

I think people in the future will look into the past and remember this Maiden period 2000- present as a classical period of the band and as the golden age along with the 80's.

And this line up will be remembered as the classical line up of the band.

The reunion albums are way worse than anything the band did up to 1992

Back