What guitar do you play?

I impulse bought a Musicman Majesty today. It's great so far.

Should be an amazing guitar in terms of playability and build quality but I prefer the look of the older JP series myself. Haven't had the chance to play one yet, they aren't sold here.

I prefer the look of the older JP series too. Haven't played a Majesty before but I got a chance to try out an older model around Christmas time last year. Very nice and versatile guitars. One thing that really stood out to me was how small they are. They look small on JP but I always figured that's because he's huge. But they felt small in my hands too. I liked that though.

Personally, I'm not really into signature model guitars (with some exceptions) but the Music Man is tempting. If I was to invest in a guitar at that price range though I would probably go with something from a boutique brand like Strandberg. Probably used too.

I might put a Petrucci Liquifire pickup in my RG though.

Personally, I'm not really into signature model guitars (with some exceptions) but the Music Man is tempting. If I was to invest in a guitar at that price range though I would probably go with something from a boutique brand like Strandberg. Probably used too.

I always thought the same way, but it turns out that the Jim Adkins signature model is exactly what I was looking for: a Fender that plays like Gibson and sounds like a hybrid of both.

Had it been less than a grand, I would have walked out with a new guitar. That $3,149 was a by out of my reach.

Does it make you play like Petrucci? It wants to for that money :eek: Not a big fan of the Majesty personally but I had my heart set on one of the older JP models in white a few years back, couldn't justify the cost though.

Also, after watching Beast Over Hammersmith I'm after an Explorer type guitar (those Destroyers! *dribbles*), found these nice looking Schecter E series. Anyone own or play one? What're they like?

Also, after watching Beast Over Hammersmith I'm after an Explorer type guitar (those Destroyers! *dribbles*), found these nice looking Schecter E series. Anyone own or play one? What're they like?

Those Destroyer II's go for quite cheap on Ebay. But to get one like H's is pretty hard since it's a Japanese limited run with set neck.

Ooh, the top one is gorgeous.

I could've picked one up for £350 a few years ago - second hand with EMG pickups, but for that money I wasn't complaining. I'd only just bought my Blackstar amp at the time so I didn't have the funds. When I did, some bastard had beaten me to it.

A Destroyer is definitely high on my guitars wishlist. What's the neck like?

Answering the Destroyer question nearly 2 months late, it depends on the Destroyer itself. My DT200 has a satin finished maple neck, if I had to equate it to a thickness I'd put it somewhere between a Fender C shape and Gibson/Epiphone slim taper neck. The DT520 I used to have was nearly identical to a 60s LP profile, same feel and all, the DT50 that my friend has is like the DT200's neck except with a gloss finish (red, in this instance). The only real big deviation from those would be the DTT700, that's an Ibanez Wizard profile if you've ever played it. The first DT420s (2002 only) and the DT200s had the Ibanez AANJ (all access neck joint) so they're quite comfortable to play. As for the guitars in Beast Over Hammersmith, Adrians is a 1980 DT300FR and Daves is a 1981 DT400CS.

Answering the Destroyer question nearly 2 months late, it depends on the Destroyer itself. My DT200 has a satin finished maple neck, if I had to equate it to a thickness I'd put it somewhere between a Fender C shape and Gibson/Epiphone slim taper neck. The DT520 I used to have was nearly identical to a 60s LP profile, same feel and all, the DT50 that my friend has is like the DT200's neck except with a gloss finish (red, in this instance). The only real big deviation from those would be the DTT700, that's an Ibanez Wizard profile if you've ever played it. The first DT420s (2002 only) and the DT200s had the Ibanez AANJ (all access neck joint) so they're quite comfortable to play. As for the guitars in Beast Over Hammersmith, Adrians is a 1980 DT300FR and Daves is a 1981 DT400CS.
Yeah, H's guitar is a DT300, but a rare Japanese version with set neck. Probably picked up on Killers tour in Japan.

Yeah, H's guitar is a DT300, but a rare Japanese version with set neck. Probably picked up on Killers tour in Japan.
And Australia too, the DT300 was basically a set neck DT50 with a Super 58 in the neck instead of a Super 70 and gold hardware. I nearly spent $1300 on a DT-300 from France but it sold literally as I got home from work. Greeatttt

They pop up from time to time, your best bet if you want a REALLY good and decently priced 80s Destroyer 2 is something like Ishibashi or Shimokura, they pop up on there fairly regularly

Back