What guitar do you play?

Discussion in 'Musicians Discussion' started by Anonymous, Nov 6, 2006.

1. mihai

mihai Educated Fool

2. Brigantium

Brigantium Recovering tea addict Staff Member

2018 Tribute model?

3. Maturin

Maturin Sköldpadda

I want to get an Ovation acoustic... But I also want another shredder/Strat-to-be-modded-into-a-shredder. Choices!

4. mihai

mihai Educated Fool

Yes.

5. matic22

matic22 H is shorter for God.

My Jem is refinished. I have my backup neck on it currently and refretting the original.

An advice: do not buy pre-cut frets. They are almost impossible to bend into your neck's radius.

6. matic22

Get a Taylor or a Martin. Ovations sound very plastic. I've got a Taylor 314CE and it's probably the best guitar I've ever bought.

7. Maturin

Maturin Sköldpadda

Expensive traditional solid wood acoustics + Scandinavian winters = Eh.

8. matic22

True. But an Ovation is a one trick pony and sounds boxy.

The only Ovation I would buy is the 12 string.

9. FTB

FTB Stranger in a Strange Board

Just ordered a Fender ESC80 for my 7 year old as she's taking guitar lessons in school this year..

Also got myself Daddario Ej11 strings for my CPX 500 after having the same old elixir strings for 4 years (haven't played much) Hoping they'll sound fine

10. Saapanael

Saapanael Beware! The evil is strong ahead.

I want to get an acoustic and I've been looking at Taylors. 2000 euros is too much, though, and there are so many different models out there. I tried a couple of Taylors at a guitar shop once but don't remember any differences off the top of my head. Would you recommend anything among the more affordable models?

11. matic22

Yes. The Mexican ones are amazing too. Especially 114CE.

If you are prepared to pay 900 Euros, this is probably one of the best acoustics for that kind of money.

Saapanael likes this.