Things about Iron Maiden that annoy you

Yeah, Steve wanted to re-release six songs from No Prayer for the Dying because he felt it could sound more lively.
::)

Nothing special, other that they are never playing any 90's songs except from Fear of the dark (did they play Afraid to shoot strangers during a leg of Maiden England tour?)

And I wish Eddie's archive was not an limited edition.

Nothing special, other that they are never playing any 90's songs except from Fear of the dark (did they play Afraid to shoot strangers during a leg of Maiden England tour?)

And I wish Eddie's archive was not an limited edition.
And "Bring your daughter to the slaughter" in 2003 (Gimme 'Ed Till I'm Dead tour)

Sometimes the hyperbole/self congratulatory tone of the press releases & official anouncements get to me. I got into bands like Type O Negative & Tool in the 90s and found their quirky self-depracating presentation to be refreshing over Maiden's old school "we always kick ass" posture.

(I should note that this a very minor criticism :cool:).

1. Nicko McBrain. Have never gotten over my disappointment with his drumming from the day in he joined Maiden, particularly as he replaced the powerhouse Clive Burr. In my view, he has marred every Maiden release he has played on. Of all the drummers they could have chosen to replace Clive, they picked a guy with a clumsy, ham-fisted technique and a shitty, tinny drum sound which sounds like someone hitting the top of a garbage can.

2. That Steve Harris did not give Clive more time to get his shit together.

3. Janick Gers. Completely unnecessary. Adds nothing.

4. The production on the first album (an album which I should add I love).
I know Maiden is Steve Harris' brainchild, but the album is absolutely drenched in bass. What a shame Martin Birch couldn't have produced the first album too.

I wish they'd write more shorter, faster songs with great harmonic guitar intros, which made them so influential to their metal descendants. Don't get me wrong, I love their new more progressive stuff, but nowadays their "short rockers" are not the same as the way they used to do them.

Meh...I want them to experiment more with their shorter songs. Perhaps something fully acoustic?

...no, not like Prodigal Son.

1-The set list always including "iron Maiden" blah!
2- as stated above, the shortage of rockers anymore. the lack of galloping : that hard charging gallop at the base of the great songs back in the day was what I loved most.
3-.....no, that's about it.

Repetitiveness. Especially since the post Seventh Son era. They dont need to make every song 7-8 mins long. Most likely a function of the extended nature of the cd format. Rush albums are long but every song doesnt repeat itself ad-infinim. That being said they are still making very good albums and only seem to be slowing down marginally.

This syndrome also extends into the live show. They dont really take a whole lot of chances with structure or make a lot of changes from tour to tour except for when its a historical tour.

Just a few minor things like releasing a live album from the Somewhere In Time Tour and the A Matter of Life and Death Tour. I also wish they'd release a full concert from the Blaze era. I really hope they release a live album from the Book of Souls Tour because that was phenomenal!

Back