The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Didn't think that post would cause a debate...

Anyways the show was amazing. The first to the barrier was a mess, even though I was fifth in line they let everyone in at once and I got stuck in security because the guy in front of me tried to bring fireworks and would not take off his hat. Meanwhile everyone passed me and I ended up being like 30th. I managed to get right on Janicks side though. Ghost was easily the best opening band I've seen in my life. I caught a guitar pick from Ether. I would definitely see them again.

Then Maiden came on, there were some sound issues though. Most notably whenever Bruce would hit a high note the mic would cut out. The mix was good though. Best song of the night was either The Book of Souls or Fear of the Dark. Without Hallowed sandwiched between them it flows so much better. Bruce squirted blood on me during The Book of Souls. That was awesome! During the end of Wasted Years Janick acted like he was going to throw the guitar to me. I seriously thought he would. Other than that I dropped a wristband from Steve, a pick from Janick and a drumstick. Maybe next year...

Also Bruce mentioned they would not be using this stage setup again after this show. Is someone going to Oakland this year?

Edit: also I can't post pictures here with my phone. I'll have to put them on my computer tomorrow and then post them. Also got some video of Trooper and Speed of Light. I'll see if I can upload that.

Colin your videos are superb! Thanks for sharing. At both so California and Las Vegas, I noticed the poor sound starts. But thankfully at both gigs the sound guys seem to have figured it out early and it got better. The start of the Maiden set in California was really high and Bruce was unintelligible almost on the lawn. But thankfully it was fixed for the most part.
What a weekend. I can't believe it's over. I'm just now getting completely over the hangover (s) and voice is coming around. Can't wait til next year!!

Last edited:
Got up to about 6 people away dead even with the riser .. Bruce sounded a bit off compared to the earlier shows, not horrible, but struggled a bit more at times. The band sounded great though. All in all a fun show and a really good tour. Again, the place was packed .. if they did not sell it out, it was incredibly close to a sell out.

Another bra tossed to Janick last night .. pretty funny .. Bruce used it as a nice prop to fuck with Adrian during Wasted Years

the problem is Bruce struggles with fast paced songs.... he does fine with BOS songs but some of the "classics" like The Trooper, he has a really hard time with. He does fine with COTD as it's a slower paced song

I've enjoyed the Book of Souls tours. Saw shows in 2016 and 2017 and watched many videos. But I'm ready for Maiden to move on to something else. Don't want to watch any more videos of Eternity or Climb Like a Monkey or see Bruce pull out Eddie's heart again. A tour with some historical rarities or lots of 21st century material would be cool. Or a new album. Just don't end it yet, guys, please.

Back