1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by Brigantium, Sep 24, 2016.

1. srfc

srfc Educated Fool

I was on a bit of a wind up, saw that tour in Hammersmith and Belfast, Scorpions were better in Hammersmith and Priest better in Belfast

2. SirRobbins

SirRobbins Ancient Mariner

my thoughts too!

3. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Out of the Silent Planet

Because it's the done thing and Iron Maiden are not going to play for 3 hours.

4. Black Abyss Babe

Black Abyss Babe Ocean soul

So that the true devotees can show their devotion by turning up for the support band, thus getting right to the front, while the fairweather fans and lightweights are still in the pub?

Brigantium likes this.
  5. Whooten

Whooten Educated Fool

I am pretty sure that fans can only enter once doors open whether there is an opening band or not.

6. jazz from hell

jazz from hell Ancient Mariner

Black Country Communion + Sons Of Apollo should open for Maiden! Double gig for Sherinian, but no problem for him for sure.

Black Bart likes this.
  7. Manofsorrows

Manofsorrows I know what i want

I know haha. I regret for what I've say, that would be a great set but no so attractive for casual fans, and let's not forget that they buy a lot of tickets for the show. On the other hand I ve never see them playing something from AMOLAD and I have some favorites from that set, let's hope for a great tour

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  8. Wayne Bond

Wayne Bond Nomad

Because

a) its tradition and bands have always (well in the main they have) taken out support and

b) the cost of ticket prices these days mean it's even more important to put on a value for money package.

9. TAY666

TAY666 Invader

I ran into this exact thing in 2003.
    When Maiden toured with Dio and Motorhead.
    I had 3rd row on the floor for that show, and the side I was on was a sea of Dio fans. After Dio played, they were pretty much dead space. All through the Maiden set, they just stood there watching. Not getting into it or anything. It was sad. There's me and my daughter rocking out and getting into it, surrounded by statues.
    This of course lead to the band spending more time on Janick's side of the stage than their own. :(

10. TAY666

TAY666 Invader

You mean like Arch Enemy (2004) or Mastadon (2005)?

11. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

I had no idea they'd had Arch Enemy as support. I don't consider Mastodon all that growly.

12. jazz from hell

jazz from hell Ancient Mariner

They were growlier back then. Didn't know about Mastodon, but they were at a festival with Maiden once, when their playing times overlapped. I chose Maiden (and they were awesome).

13. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

Man, I saw that tour and it was just pure madness from every fan during every band. What a bloody great triple bill that was. Probably the best lineup I've ever seen at a concert and I don't even really like Motorhead.

It's shocking to me that there could be that many Dio fans who weren't also fans of Maiden. I could see a whole group of Lemmy fans not really caring about Dio or Maiden, but I feel like the latter two are so closely related that you have to at least like both of them.

14. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Out of the Silent Planet

If you don't care about the headline band then why would you stand near the front? I would go to the bar or leave the venue.

15. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

Just to be an arsehole. I've seen it done by people who felt it was part of their image to be seen there, but obviously had no interest.

16. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

I saw these two in 2004, one year before Angel of Retribution came out! Halford was awesome that night. I noticed how he went downhill later but that gig was very good. Filmed by my wife: